What a weekend!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Wow! I had like
the craziest-series-of-unfortunate-events-happily-ever-after weekend!
It all started with the freaky Friday I had with my Gastroenterology
exam. I crammed like crazy for that test, and it seemed like I had a
mental block as soon as I had the questionnaire in my hands. Oh well!
So I didn’t ace the exam, I still passed! And not even half the class
passed! Moving on… I was supposed to go home for Mother’s Day to Ormoc
but due to Typhoon "CALOY" I had to stay here in Cebu. Of course,
nothing beats being with Banggoy!


Surfers_dream
But alas! The glee soon
faded when I woke up that Saturday with a mother-lovin’ migraine attack! It was
more than the run-of-the-mill headache. If surfer’s get perfect waves, this was
the exact opposite. It was like the nightmare before Christmas kind of thing. You
dig? Okay, so maybe I thought I was napasmo,
so I ate immediately as soon as I got up, which was around two in the afternoon
already. I took my daily Enervon-E, grape seed, Glutaphos, and Clarinase for my
allergic rhinitis. I still felt nauseous and there was this stomach-churning
feeling, so I went back to bed. So I took Ponstan 500 mg as well. Whew! A few
minutes later, I was hurling myself on the toilet bowl puking my heart out! All
the semi-digested food looked like corned beef! Eeekk! Good thing I don’t eat
corned beef, it was so gross!

So then I called home
because my head hurt like hell, and I didn’t know what else to do. My mom said
I should just hit the sack and get all the rest I need. After all, it was THE
WEEKEND! Awww c’mon! The weekend! What a weekend! Mom said I should stop
reading my notes and hammering the keyboards. My eyes could be strained so
badly. Oh well… Her advice worked for me! I woke up just after dusk and I took
a really cold shower. I felt a lot
better. Thanks Ma! Happy mother’s day! Mamai

And speaking of which, I
called Ate Tiny at “This and That” that night and arranged surprise balloon
arrangements for my mom, grandma and Yaya
Mila (my nanny who took care of my since I was 1 year old!). I had Archie pick
those up and deliver it the next day for the occasion.

Saturday night, Banggoy and
I decided we should just stay in because I didn’t want my migraine to come back
or something. We watched Inside Man instead over a bottle of classic red wine.

Come Sunday morning my dad
woke me up with a phone call so I could greet my mom “Happy Mother’s day!” but
fell back asleep just as soon as I hung up. This time it wasn’t just a wake up
call that woke me up again. Guess what? The most alarming thing when you are
sound asleep occurred! This tiny ant crawled inside my ear!!! It wasn’t because
it felt ticklish that I ceased to sleep contra-gusto
but the sting was awful! It hurt! And I panicked! I had to convince Banggoy
that I wasn’t overreacting (although, I was sure he didn’t buy it) and I
pressed on driving over the nearby community hospital just to have it checked.
He did try to put oil on my ear, like my mom advised but I still felt something
moving inside my ear. It was so sore inside as crazy! I could hear fluttering
inside and it was driving me nuts. It was lunch hour and although I was
starving like mad, I needed to see a doctor! The nurses at the ER told me that
their hospital didn’t have an ENT to check my ear and referred me to the bigger
hospitals. So I could have a peace of mind (and I was sure Banggoy was
beginning to understand my dilemma by this time), we drove to Perpetual. The ER
was filled with children when we got in and I thought we made a mistake and
were in Pediatrics. But the attending nurse had called a general surgeon to
check my ear. We waited quite a bit and I was so glad to see the young
Ant doctor
when he arrived. I told him I could feel something moving inside my right ear
and that I thoug
ht an insect of some kind crawled in some 45 minutes ago while
I was asleep. After he inspecte
d, he said, “It’s an ant. It’s still crawling
inside and nibbling on something. It’s not dead.” And I went, “ WHAAAAAAT?! Get
it out! Get it out!” So he got this syringe and filled it with water and he
injected some on my ear. I had to pretend like I needed to get the water out
just like what happens
when you go swimming, right? And after a few rounds, he placed
that flashlight thingie in my ear and the
ant
crawled out to it. As soon as I
saw the ant when the doctor placed it on the bed, I squished it! Yeahhhh! It
got what it deserved! What a way to start a day! We thanked the doctor, paid a
minimal fee, and headed home. (See, Banggoy!? I wasn’t overreacting!) I had an
ant inside my ear probably getting a kick with my earwax! Geez!

So then we passed by this
place across UP where they sold wooden stuff and Banggoy bought himself a bed.
We went to the mall to buy trapal
because I had mine for the garage replaced and I bought a few manicure stuff as
well. As we were leaving, there was a pregnant woman who fainted at the
counter. No biggie, just felt mentioning it. Poor lady! She was alone but the
store people did their job. Hurray!

Banggoy also bought himself
some mattresses and he got us lechon,
since we didn’t have lunch yet and it was like four in the afternoon already. We
went home and watched Mean Girls on TV then we went to church to hear mass. We
also decided to go to the movies after and watched Poseidon. I give
it a TWO
THUMBS UP! Movie tickets are getting really expensive these days, huh?! After
that we went to Ila Puti at I.T. Park
to have dinner, and it was like one in the morning.
We had tenderloin with lots and lots of mushroom gravy and pasta with white
sauce, and you guessed it, mushrooms. Shish! Maybe I was pinaglihi with mushrooms. No wonder I’m a shortie. To top it all
off, we had Kahlua Chocolate Pie from Bo’s Coffee. What a night!

Or should I say, WHAT A
WEEKEND!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images