I have the body of a God. Unfortunately, it's Buddha.

Friday, June 01, 2012

When I was young and seventeen, I felt I had the perfect body. My bust was 33 inches but I relied on a good 32A/70A bra size. My waist was at 23 inches and my hips measured 33 inches. I wasn't exactly flaunting that body because as you know, I hail from the province and even though kids my age were starting to bare some more skin following the latest trends at the turn of the millennium plus the influence of Fashion TV that started airing via our local cable, my grandmother would yell at me whenever she saw me wear "revealing" clothing. To some it may not even be a scandalous piece of clothing, but living with my Grandma, even my tattered ripped jeans was a no-no. I loved my Grandma (may she rest in peace!) so I didn't provoke her. I thought getting home at the wee hours of the morning was already enough for my "teenage rebellion". But I digress.

Now I look longingly at this photo I have when I was 17 years old, in memory of my awesome body figure. Though, I still have that particular mini dress I wore then, there is no chance I will fit into it *ever* again... unless of course, I could turn back time. (Wishful thinking!)

Fast forward to 10 years later as a young, independent young woman but struggling to cope with reality and my declining metabolism that helps me keep my figure. It also took me a lot of dieting and hard work to maintain my vital statistics of a 34-inch bust size (I wore a size 34B/75B cup bra by then!), a 25-inch waistline on my good days, and a 34-inch hip measurement. It was not exactly the "Coca-Cola" body (hourglass figure) that my Grandma boasted she had during her heydays, but I was happy with how I looked. Not even near Sophia Loren's but it was pretty good, if I must say so myself.

A lot of women, if not all of us, reach a point in our lives where weight gain and body changes are two things beyond our control no matter how skilled we may be in the art of manipulation. Even control freaks succumb to this reality. Day after day, the ideal body fades and is replaced unfortunately by one marked with the signs of times. A little wrinkle here or a patch of melasma there. But even those can be hidden and camouflaged with the help of effective concealers. So by the time us ladies reach our twenties, we stop growing taller and the only things that grow higher then are the numbers that represent our bust, waist, and hip measurements. Therefore, I conclude that our bodies grow sideways in the long run.

When we factor in the genes, some women may find themselves bigger than they anticipated. Whenever I browse through family photos, I can't help but notice that most of the women in my family tree are indeed endomorphic (or pear-shaped, which is not necessarily a bad thing). Maybe in 20 or 30 years, I'll probably look just like one of them.

Photo with my dear Lola (in yellow green floral dress), cousins, and aunts during my 18th Caribbean Birthday Party.
Based on the illustration from Wacoal's website, as I am nearing my 30s, it becomes completely undeniable that fats will begin to saturate. So even if I work out at the gym and diet like crazy, which I am basically unable to do since I am currently breastfeeding, my body won't get any sexier especially by itself.




However, further browsing online showed me the light at the end of the tunnel and that there is in fact a way to get an awesome figure just like what I had back then, prior to getting pregnant. It just so happens that Wacoal provides exactly the right underwear support to show off my new curves.


Real women have curves. Right now, I think I got enough curves to warrant a "DANGEROUS CURVES AHEAD" warning. Tee hee. For me, it's not just about looking good, it's actually about feeling good and being comfortable with your body.


The maternity bra is made from very soft materials and has thick side and back panels for support.
So from 32A/70A to 34B/75B, and last time I checked, now I'm a 36C/80C!!! Although, sometimes I think I should be wearing a 36D/80D. Finding a good bra has become tedious for me now. The reason why choosing the right type of bra and size is important for me is because I need the proper support to avoid back pains since I'm still nursing our little bundle of joy.
Postpartum I am stuck at a size 8, which is up two sizes from my previous size. OMG! I was a size 4 only 2 years ago! Although I can still rock a decent formal wear with the help of slightly padded long bras, body shapers for tummy control, or body suits for ultimate shape.


I'm not modeling any underwear here but you can see the look that I was able to achieve. My 30-lb weight gain postpartum isn't so obvious, right? I'm still working on a flatter abdomen and controlling my caloric intake but for now, I have a secret weapon. I got Wacoal products to back me up so I can look good and feel good whatever body size I turn to be!


xoxo,

post signature
TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images