Talk less, say more

Friday, June 22, 2012

I almost forgot about this until I opened my memory card today and saw the pictures. Nothing's ever too late so here's a quick blog post about the symposium we had at Western Leyte College here in Ormoc City. My stupid cousin asked me to be the guest speaker for his summer class and talk about SOCIAL MEDIA: A TOOL FOR HEALTH PROMOTION. Well, it's an honor as a blogger/writer and I do know quite a lot about the topics to be discussed, plus he would not take no for an answer, so I went and did it.





Sir Joenel Lou A. Tagalog is also a Barangay Official (we both got elected as a Kagawads in our respective districts) and we've been classmates with Noodle Boy for X years until we graduated in HS. We three comprise The Troublesome Trio. Remember the videos we shot back in 2010? Our lives are crazy like that. By day, we're sane people living our lives like normal human beings. By night, well, the stories change from time to time... depending on the events that unfold. But that's not what I should be writing about. I digress.

Sir Joenel Lou Tagalog and Sir John Udtujan, both are Brgy. Kagawads of Dist. 6.

The Social Media symposium we had with the Nursing students was a huge privilege for me. I got to stand up in a crowd and share with them my experiences and knowledge about the Internet. I love influencing people and making them see things from my perspective and best of all, they actually listened!!! I was half expecting the kids would be like me when I was in college who practically slept through and missed most of my classes. Yup, I guess I was not the best student but I was quite the fast learner. +1 for the Nursing students in WLC! You guys rock!




Now I look like a TEACHER... But I can't imagine myself being one!



I have high respects for teachers. It's a very challenging profession and rewarding, too. It may not have the best pay but hey, if you love your job, who needs more than what you need, right? Again, it boils down to passion. Just like what I told the students, you need to write from the heart. You may use different techniques but always write from within. Whatever language you prefer, clarity is the key. And there's the big bonus for good grammar and sentence construction. There's so much that the Internet can do as a tool to communicate and blogging is just one medium. Making noise in cyberspace does not take so much effort. You just have to do it effectively and properly. Maybe I ought to make blogging a full-time career? But then again, I can only write with so much passion and that's where I draw the line.


Overall, it was a wonderful experience. Looking forward to the next time I can do this again! ^_^


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images