Of promises and of silence

Sunday, May 03, 2009

I'm blogging again! Did you miss me? I guess not. You've seen our Bohol pix? What? You haven't? Come on...

Anyway, I am going to talk about promises -- how they are kept or otherwise, how they are meant to be broken. So why do we promise in the first place? For the benefit of calming someone down? I mean in general, not just in a romantic relationship. Have you ever been in a situation where you are compelled to promise something just to alleviate the whole mess? Perhaps like in a do-or-die scenario. "I really do. I swear to God, in scout’s honor, cross my heart, hope to die, see you soon, goodbye." Tee hee. Maybe at some points in our lives we made false promises, but I can certainly say that there were also times that I made promises and vowed to keep them.

Not long ago, I made a deal not with the devil and I am proud to say that I have kept mum to the point that it actually feels gratifying. Remember what peace there may be in silence? Yes! Silence must be heard! Being quiet doesn't seem to be quite as bad as I expected, knowing myself. And it's really funny thinking how ironic it is that some things are better left unsaid, when I always thought that speaking your mind was yet another key to living life to the fullest.

Manoy taught me a valuable lesson recently. I learned how to shut up! HAHAHAHA! Hilarious?! Yes! But seriously, it feels rewarding enough. What the mind can conceive, the heart can believe, and the body can achieve... What a mindset! But in the end, it's all about having a decent conversation (even at 3AM), being civil and all, then dealing with the facts instead of theories and stupid hypotheses. So it isn't really safe to assume things even if you know the person so well... might as well be blunt about things.

So what am I really saying? I don't know. I'm blogging, aren't I? I've been told that I seem to write only when I am feeling the extremes -- either I am in love or I am heartbroken. So what now? Am I discombobulated? Gawd, I haven't heard/used that word since rehab. LOL! No, I wasn't IN rehab, FYI. But I sorta worked for one, in a way or another, for a while. Anyways, I do feel a bit edgy still, although I just had my period. I'm still trying to figure out how to shake this feeling though. I might blog then when I do... but for now, I think silence is the most powerful scream. ^_^

Even though right now silence is more musical to me than any other song, I keep deliberating that if silence will save me from being wrong, then it will also deprive me of the possibility of being right. Qué horror!




⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ ia\m/^_^\m/ai 陳美西

Ads by AdGenta.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images