For the love of writing, JOURNALS!!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I've kept journals for as long as I can remember... well, since third grade I think. I've been accustomed to writing in my "Diary" for my love of words. It didn't stop there. I've been trying to improve my handwriting ever since I learned how to hold a pencil but alas, lately, I think my penmanship isn't as good as it used to be. :( Woe is me!

Recently, as I was cleaning my room, I found a bunch of my old diaries dating back a decade ago. And scanning through the pages was more than just a trip to memory lane. It brought a mixture of all sorts of feelings I ever felt my whole life in just a few minutes and frankly, I couldn't stand it so I put them aside. Yet I was just too happy to find the poems I wrote and decided to keep them rather than throw them all out. If you're eager to know what really went on my mind over these years and want to keep them (as souvenirs?) when I die, let me know so I can write your name in my last will and testament. Guaranteed 100% good read! Tee hee.








I also got other "secrets" kept documented... not just my poems where I pour my heart out but also my secret recipes for example. ^_^



But I still ain't sharing it to the world! :P

I find it amusing how my handwriting changed over the years... and in a way you can really tell I haven't been writing as much as time went by...


1999


2001


2002 ~ Then I got lazy and started printing out my entries! ROFLOL!


2003


2004

Plus you can tell how I got all "digitalized" when I pasted printouts of my entries instead. LOL! And soon after that, I started keeping journals on my hard drive. Yep, I had this program called DiaryOne. It was pretty easy to use and I could insert pictures to make it like a digital scrapbook.


But... the unthinkable happened! What d'you say???

My computer crashed!!! Damn you Windozzzzzeeeee!!! And there goes all my memories -- gone forever. Boohoo! Now even though I got my Maki, I resolved not to keep a digital diary. When I have to write, I'll just blog. For personal entries, I'd rather grab a pen and paper. My penmanship really sucks currently. Illegible? By my standards, maybe. That's why I decided to go back journaling "old school"!

But from this:


To this!!!


So enter my first Moleskine! Yup, you read that right! MOLESKINE! I managed to save up for one... (Actually, it was another compulsive buy. Hehe!) So what's a Moleskine? A little intro... Ahem.





Moleskine is the legendary notebook that the European artists and intellectuals who made twentieth-century culture used: from Henri Matisse to the turn-of-the-century Parisian avant-garde, from Louis Férdinand Céline to Ernest Hemingway. Writer-traveler Bruce Chatwin picked up this tradition and made it famous.

A simple black rectangle with squared or lined pages, endleaves held by an elastic band, an inside pocket for loose sheets, a binding in 'moleskine' which gives it its name, this trusty, pocket-size traveling companion guarded notes, stories, thoughts and impressions before they turned into the pages of beloved books.

Chatwin used to buy his moleskine at a Paris stationery shop in Rue de l’Ancienne Comédie. He always stocked up on them before going off on one of his journeys. He had a ritual set up over the years -before using them, he numbered the pages, wrote his name and at least two addresses in the world with the promise of a reward in case they got lost. "Losing my passport was the least of my worries, losing a notebook was a catastrophe".


That quote really hit home! I can't imagine losing a notebook with all your heart poured out inside as well as your brilliant ideas all laid out. Now that's double unthinkable!!! No wonder they have THIS on the first page!



HAHAHAHA!! Totally brilliant!!!



And yeah, it really opens flat! Cool! I can't wait to fill up the pages! Weeee!!! So exciting!!! ^_^ I know I'll be buying more from avalon.ph! Gotta stock up on the Moleskines!!!



Now, if I can just find the right pen to use...

⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ ia\m/^_^\m/ai 陳美西


Powered by Qumana

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images