The Search is FINALLY Over!

Wednesday, September 02, 2009


Since the moment I let myself join the dating game, I’ve gone through quite a number of relationships and met all sorts of guys ranging from the stereotyped intellectuals, to your average Joe or Juan Tamad, to those bastards whose brains are probably as small as their favorite appendages. So looking back at almost 15 years of searching for true love, a playful smile is seen on my face as I reminisce and remember the lessons learned from all my past relationships, which have molded me into what I am now (more or less, the girlfriend/wife material maybe). Tee hee! I think now is high time to apply all the Dating 101 lessons I have been studying all these years.

I’d like to think I am not the type to rush into a relationship because I do know that only those “desperate” ones are in a hurry. The rule says, “You can’t hurry love.” I do not think I am the desperate kind either. Maybe the relationships are the ones that rush towards me, for fear that if I may not be in one, I might just lead the solitary life. Haha.

So where does this leave me now? Well, I’m glad to have found Mr. Right. (Yup, it’s him alright!) And maybe he is physically not with me right now but he is real. But the thing is, who’s rushing? Well, I can tell you my mom is. She’s bugging the hell out of me already to get hitched and give her a grandkid. Geez. At this day and age, that’s not really something you can just decide on overnight, is it? Then again, no one is getting any younger. So, we’ll just really have to go with the flow. In other words, let’s wait and see.

For now, I’m enjoying the company of me, myself, and I. Trying to get through each day, while missing someone, isn’t really my cup of tea. But I’m not complaining.

I read that missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will. So I’m pretty positive that day will come; considering now that it’s September, well, time flies. I think my Christmas this year is going to be extraordinarily special.

But for now, Skype becomes everybody’s best friend. Exhibit A:




...and Exhibit B:



Awww... so it ain't that bad, you know. ^_^

One thing I realized after all these years of trial and error, working things out and even holding on to something that you should have let go already or believing that nothing lasts forever, it’s the truth that one truly cares for someone else and loves that person when one accepts the fact that the other person’s happiness is more important than their own. I know this idea can launch a thousand debates but really, think about it. It doesn’t just go one way. If the other person does the same thing, then everybody’s happy! Bottomline: Love seeks to make happy rather than to be happy. And I found out that I am that person who cannot live alone and who has so much love to give and probably just looking for that right person who can appreciate the love I have to give and won’t take advantage of me.

It’s not even a question of compatibility. A friend of mine once told me that it’s so ironic that one always ends up with someone who is going to be different from your “ideal”. That made me think a lot about how much I wanted to be with someone just like me, who likes the same things as me, and does the same things even, for which I realize now that it is very, very wrong. Why? Because how can I grow up or become the person I am meant to be when the person who is with me is just like me? It has to be someone who is different; someone who sees a different perspective and has different ideas on different subjects. But that will cause a fight!? No, it doesn’t necessarily have to require an argument just because you don’t see things the same way. This is actually a good thing because you can grow, learn, and be more open-minded. You see? What counts in making a happy relationship is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility. Because, believe it or not, no two persons are really alike.

But there are kindred spirits. There are soulmates, too. And there are people who are connected and even finish each other’s sentences. There are even those who are comfortable with each other that can sit without speaking. And still, there is that one person who may be so different from you and yet, regardless of your differences, needs and wants the same things that you do and gives you what you need and want without you even asking for it. Imagine that? And when you find somebody who is ALL OF THAT… That, folks, is the kind of person you never let go of, and that’s what makes a Mr. Right for me.

So the search is over. There’s no happy ending after all… Just happily ever after.

^_^

WATCH VIDEO IN HERE:

http://mymaria.multiply.com/video/item/50/The_Ramen_Noodle_Chronicles_-_The_Beginning





⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ ia\m/^_^\m/ai 陳美西

Ads by AdGenta.com

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really like the name of your blog! 'basta igat sikat'

    so cool..haha

    nice day!:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images