Acer Connects Promo: The Story of the Mongols

Thursday, September 24, 2009

When I wanted to put a stop to my ala telenovela love life and begin living in the real world, THIS HAPPENS. Michael wanted a classic love story, you know, contrary to my all-star blockbuster much hyped big budget love dramas -- and this time I wanted some peace and quiet as well. Yet, here comes Acer. It was practically calling us out and beckoning for us to tell The RameNoodle Chronicles (The Story of the Mongols) -- and so we did.



It wasn't a sugar-coated 400-word entry to say the least. In fact, it was deep down hardcore truth. No frills. No bullshit. Just Michael and Maria.



Turned out so many people actually left comments feeling positive, giving us the go signal, and wishing us well. Wow! T'was just amazing really that Michael and I came to our senses and so, LOVE HAPPENS.

Initially, I wrote him a limerick. What's that? Google it! OR better yet, go Wiki! So here's what I wrote for him BEFORE we even decided to join the contest:


I've known a boy named Michael Vincent
He always looked young and innocent
I've known him 23 years
He never got angry or fierce
And he was bright as a fluorescent.


He says I annoy him quite a lot
Maybe he's fond of me, is he not?
I get on his nerves
Like active/ passive verbs
Well, a crush on me is what he's got!


Why he hardly spoke to me before?
Because our friends would tease us for sure
Maybe they always saw
How the boy drops his jaw
But to him, I was a woman, not a whore.


He watched over me like an angel
St. Michael, you know, the archangel?
He helped and guided me
To be better, I should be,
So he became my guardian angel.


Whenever I needed someone to talk to
He gives advice with no further ado
I feel he's always right
And I could never win a fight
Against Michael Vincent, even if I sue.


It often rains when we go out,
But it is a blessing, no doubt
It could be a sign
The boy could be mine
And something else is starting to sprout.


Now the girl in me opened her eyes
And much to my chagrin and surprise
It was I who had fallen
My heart was stolen
By him, who beyond his years, was wise.


He makes sense in everything he does
He wasn't anymore the boy he once was
Now a man of honor
Not just a paramour
I should be a Lady, not a lass.


To deserve having him in my life,
I too should avoid jealousy and strife
Be patient, honest, true
Just to name a few
The makings of a loving, faithful wife.


I hope that in time our chance will come
To feel, perhaps, love and then some
I think it'd be great
And this is our fate
If we look back at where we were from.


Classmates for 13 years, seatmates for 4
Please come back home to Philippine shores
When u do get back
I tell you this fact
This time I'm really opening my doors.


I know we can do it, we'll do it right
Together, we are a pretty sight
Michael Vincent and me
Happy we can be
Be truly deeply in love, we just might.


And then came his reply:


Maria is a girl i know almost my entire life.
The classmate and seat mate that almost made my left ear deaf.
She was so annoying and noisy back then.
We shared the laughter we shared the tears
Through all 23 years.
One day I had to leave my hometown
Went to a different country and tried to settle down.
The voice was gone
The noise was won...
Yet i missed it, like it was music to my ears best to none.
I dreamed of her and thought of her
What can I say?
I missed her
Come what may.
Then Facebook came
I entered her name
Found her there then it was clear
I wanted her near & I needed her dear.
The day will come
When i get home
And together again it shall be just her and me.
Till that day comes along...
In facebook we wont be alone,
Until then we shall see,
The story of my Maria and me.

And so, we would like to thank our friends who voted for us and the people we hardly knew who came across our page and ended up voting for us, too... We probably wouldn't win if not for ALL of you. :)





Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone. <3

Here's a screenshot of our page:



HAHAHA! Need a microscope to read it? Check it out here instead: http://apps.facebook.com/acer-connects/view.php?id=1059


THANK YOU SO MUCH ACER. Really, we couldn't thank everyone enough... so again, MUCHAS GRACIAS! ^_^




Ads by AdGenta.com

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images