Mai Girl

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I’m back, ladies and gents… after weeks of burning the
midnight oil and… anyway, so let’s recall, shall we?

I just finished watching the 16 whole episodes of the Korean
telenovela MY GIRL… betcha didn’t Mygirl01_1
think I’d watch such things! Haha! Well, I did…
thanks to my househelp, Cheryl. She enjoys these things. I wouldn’t be
surprised that more than half of this country’s households that happen to own a TV set
would patiently wait for the show to go on air every weeknights. Obviously,
yours truly is not as patient as most people. With the help of my ever-supportive
Banggoy, we managed to acquire the whole TV series PLUS the Original
Soundtrack. My oh my! Apparently, I couldn’t get enough of the nightly show and
I watched the entire telenovela in a less than a week (of course, during my
free time). My personal review as follows:

It is truly one of
the heart-wrenching stories I’ve come across as well as the funniest and
silliest. With the main characters chemistry, aura, and whatchamacallit – it
certainly is worth all yourMygirl02_1
pales of tears and barrels of laugh. It ends happily, mais bien sur!

And I did watch it with English subtitles. Not the Tagalog-dubbed version where you can evidently
see the actors’ lips not in sync. Tee hee… Now, listening to Korean is not so
bad. I might be able to understand a sentence or two. Aja! Aja!

If you have no
idea what I’m talking about, might as well go here: http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=1184

The series gave me the same feeling back when I was
younger when I’d watch ROBOTECH – the 300pxrick_hunter_2_1
Macross story — every afternoon after
school. Sounds familiar? You know, the animated cartoon series starring the
dashing Rick Hunter (or was he?) But nevertheless, it was a TV show I cherished
for many years by following it, just 30 minutes each day until Lieutenant Commander Hunter became Admiral.
Gee… Was it that thrilling when I was a kid? I guess it was. Well, here’s a
little info. Go ahead, check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Hunter

With that comparison, however you see it, both of them
(the TV series) mean a lot to me. It’s like you become part of it. Oh well… I hope my life
story is going to be more thrilling. You know, for it to become a page-turner. Haha! Dream on, Mai. Hmm… there’s nothing wrong
with dreaming, right?

Okay, what else? In school, I aced my Obstetrics exam
then I barely passed my Endocrinology exam but then I had only 1 mistake in my
Neurology exam! Is that something or what? With further study, maybe I should
become a doctor. Maybe it’s my true calling. Who knows? I might be terrified of
dead people but saving people’s lives is a great, great thing. How much more
by giving the less fortunate people a chance to be of sound mind and body and bringing forth
a new life to this world! Ahhhh! I’ll give it a second thought. After all, I’m
still… (uhh, what’s my age again?)… yes, 23! Still young.

Today I had a feast (in my own way!) My favorite food of
all time. I could eat this eImage_0veryday for the
rest of my life. What’s that?
Banggoy took me to Orange Brutus and I ate the sizzling pork chop that gets me
everytime. Plus a Piñacolada shake to boot! I’m still wondering how much it
would cost me to franchise a branch. I’ll keep looking into it. Will let you
know if I Image_1
manage to be entrepreneurial at this. Tee hee!

Last weekend, Banggoy took me to the family day at Timex
Phils. I thought I was going to get a sunstroke after a whole day’s event.
Still, the free food and the watches Banggoy bought me was incredibly fulfilling.
Yes, ladies and gents, I have 5 watches. Count them. That’sRelo
1… 2… 3… 4… 5!
Yehey! All for ME! Thanks banggoy (for the belated birthday gifts). The only
disappointment was after the day, the huge place which was originally all neat
and pretty looked like a garbage dump site. Since there were probably thousands
of people in the vicinity, and 99% Filipino, it was bound to happen. I don’t
know why it’s so hard for most people to throw their trash properly or at least
give respect to Image_0_1
Image_1_1
Image_2
nature. It was so appalling! I mean, when will people learn to appreciate
His beautiful creations? Until we all run out of fresh air and become ecologically-doomed?
Come on, people, wake up!

I should go now, remembering the words of my late teacher,
Mr. Matias Esplanada, “Say nothing if you have nothing good to say.”

Kamsahamnida!

post signature

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. awwwwwwwwwww… i love robotech! i think rick hunter was my childhood crush. hahaha
    ive been bitten by the korean bug too.. been looking for a dvd or cd of “my sassy girl” (the movie) but havent found it anywhere! do you have any ideas where i can find one?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images