Grandfather.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Last night, I feel asleep watching the Disney Channel in my den. I
think it was Lizzie McGuire’s voice I last heard before I dozed off to
Lala land. I was sleeping soundly until I had a dream.

I dreamt of my late grandfather who died 15 years ago. Since he
passed away, I never dreamt about him… until now. In my dream, he
scolded me for not visiting him while I was in Manila. I go, "Huh? In
manila?" He said that I went to visit my Aunt but I never got around to
visiting him. (Now, I think he meant why I didn’t visit him when I came
home to Ormoc from Manila, as my mother had tried to explain.) I was
bursting into tears and told him, "No, I will visit you. I will go
there!"

I had a spine-tingling sensation when he said, "I came to your room
in Manila at Tita Coro’s house, but you were sound asleep. You had your
usual prone position, and I didn’t want to disturb your sleep. But I
was there, and I watched you sleep." Eeeek!!

I woke up crying like crazy! Then I called my mom in the middle of
the night, around 12:10am and told her about the dream. She said I
should pray for his soul… I told her I do that every night for the
past 15 years! Unless I pass out like last night when I haven’t even
brushed my teeth. She told me my grandfather loved me very much. I
remember when I was a kid I wanted to run away, but my grandfather said
he will also run away with me. He even got mad at my parents for making
me want to run away. He was very protective of me. My nanny even told
me that my Lolo would get mad at her if he heard me crying whenever she
bathes me.Nov1

So I got up and prayed.

I will visit him at the cemetery as soon as I go home to Ormoc. I miss my grandfather. I love him.

The weird thing is that when I sent a text message about this dream
to my cousin who is in Manila reviewing for the bar exams, he told me
he also dreamt of Lolo that afternoon yesterday. And in his dream, he
was smiling. =)

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images