When in Bantayan, Stay at Tristan's!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009



My first time in Bantayan Island after all these years and it wasn't even planned! The Cousin Club called me up one night and decided that we leave the following day... and so it was basically like island hopping for me coming from Leyte to Cebu and then finally... Bantayan!!!




Man, oh, man!!! The island is paradise. I wanted to move to Bantayan as soon as I set foot on it. It felt like home. :) Seriously.



The best part was... we didn't spend a fortune on this vacation... Why? Because we chose to stay at Tristan's.



The place was just perfect for all of us! And they were already "off-peak" so room rates were basically from just a thousand and up! It doesn't get any cheaper than that. And it's a room with a TV and a fridge that could actually fit 8 people for only 1,500! Imagine?! Where else would you find such a great deal this summer season?



Published room rates:

P1,000: Single Room/aircon - good for 2 people (Peak Season P1,200)
P1,300: Beach Front room/aircon (Peak Season P1,500)
P1,500: Family Room/aircon (Peak Season P2,500)
P2,500: Family Room/2 beds, aircon with TV & fridge (Peak P3,000)

Peak Season is November to April
(source: http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/index.php?page=tristan-s-beach-resort)

Tristan's also got a LOT of food in their menu and their prices are very interesting for what they have to offer (read: servings). But the best part of all... their PIZZA! Tristan's is well-known in the island for their amazing pizza and true enough, when I tried it, it was the ultimate pizza for me. IMHO. You can even create your own masterpiece and put whatever you want in it. They make it with just the right amount of spice and that lingering taste sans the oily feel. It is truly one of the best in the world. Tee hee.




And since Tristan's seems to cater mostly to (big) families and those who seek paradise without having to sell their souls to afford it, they'd let you bring in seafoods from the locals around the place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner... and we didn't even have to pay corkage! So bottomline: "Inatô gyud!" Why? Because the owner slash manager, Nancy, is super friendly and accommodating... she actually reminds me of my nanny. This lady certainly knows how to treat her customers right and like old friends and family, she'll make you feel right at home as soon as you get there. :)



Now if you stay at Tristan's, take note it may not be the most grandious place to be nor does it have the hottest beach on the island, (Hey, I'm not complaining!) but it sure as heck's gonna be worth every single penny you saved up for your vacation. For me, I wouldn't spend my first time in Bantayan in any other place other than Tristan's. For some reason, the place makes me seriously want to move there! So if you haven't been to the island... you can take my word for it and call Nancy and then tell her I said, "Hi!" ^_^ Oh, and Nancy is still going to apply for Broadband Internet/WIFI since I told her it wouldn't be problem because she's got Globelines connected already. Hopefully when I go back there, the whole place will be online! Hehe.



Oh by the way, if you're not in the mood to party, the nights at Tristan's are especially relaxing with the soothing sound of the waves plus the cool summer night breeze... Ahhhh!!! Now, I feel nostalgic! (Of note, the "party strip" in Bantayan is just a 5-minute walk from Tristan's... so should you feel the need to mingle and rub elbows with locals and foreigners, you have the option.)

I so enjoyed our short stay there (obviously!) and am really, really looking forward to going back very, very soon!



More pictures from our weekend getaway in here:
http://mymaria.multiply.com/photos/album/239/MM_The_Escape_to_Bantayan

Travel


⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ ia\m/^_^\m/ai 陳美西


Ads by AdGenta.com

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images