It's my own Jedi!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I was never really a Star Wars fan, although I did watch all those movies that came out. I just happened to be an Eighties kid, thus, the familiarity of it all. And so back in July 2007, I blogged about a Nokia Prism phone. (CLICK!) See? And ever since, I couldn't get it off my mind. It reminded me of a light saber. It was probably the closest thing to ever owning one! Hahaha! It was just so sad that the phones didn't land on Philippine soil... if it did... well, I can't seem to remember anyway.


So I would like to quote myself from that old blog of mine... "I would definitely buy it, even if it was auctioned." Then recently, high from online shopping over the holidays, I stumbled upon an eBay.ph post. Take note... dot PH! So meaning, it's in the Philippines!!! Oh em gee!!! So there it was... an auctioned, used Nokia 7900!!! And this is the Prism phone that came with 3G!!! Quite the upgrade from the original Prism phone (Nokia 7500) that I blogged over 15 months ago. PLUS this one works with our networks!!! (Read: It had been "open lined" already to work with any sim card.) Since Prism phones originally come from Europe, I don't even know of anyone who owns one locally. If my friends had one, I'd have noticed.


And what's so special about this phone??? It's looks so ordinary. Aha! Now let's get the ball rolling...

Contrary to the usual TFT 16M color screen, with my Jedi, you get an OLED display! :) What's that? Well, I must say it makes the colors brighter and more saturated than most conventional displays. The new Nokia 6600 fold sports this type. That's something worth checking out!


But that's not it... It's the backlighting!!! You get 49 different colors to choose from for the keys and the light effects of the horseshoe LEDs on the top of the body. What am I talking about? Here, take a look:


Get a load of that!!! ^_^ And while you're at it, check out the light effect on my video below:



This is what really makes my Prism a Jedi. Hee hee. So what else is fascinating about Jedi? Hmmm. Since the OS is Symbian S40, naturally it's fast. It comes with 1gb of built-in memory so you get ample space for tones and images. It's only 11mm thick... and also, you can charge via USB! Yey!!!


More than enough for a RED MOBILE phone, huh? :) So the eBay drama was all worth it, eh?
(See previous blog entry!)

You betcha!
⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ 陳美西

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images