Here Comes The Bride...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011



I must admit that when I was a little girl I loved to watch weddings and always wondered what it would be like to be the bride. Although I didn't dream of it to the point of planning it all in detail (not really that kinda girl... tee hee!) but it was always such a sight to behold. I am surrounded by friends and family who are wedding planners, wedding gown designers, and wedding singers. I guess you could say I'm pretty blessed then.

Last Saturday, Noodle Boy and I had our ceremony of commitment, AKA the civil wedding. There were more or less only 50 people with us, very close friends and family, to share this momentous and private occasion. Although it had rained earlier that day, the power of prayers proved to be pretty strong as God and the sun wrapped its warm rays around us that fateful afternoon.

Pastor Jay imparted wise wisdom and Judge Clinton Nuevo of RTC Branch 12 presided over the marriage rites. I was told that this civil wedding will be more binding than the church wedding we will be having as well.



This really is the ideal wedding for me... just a few people, great food at La Vigia Restaurant, and it's set on the beach. Not on a white beach though but still the weather was perfect and Ormoc Bay boasts one of the most glorious places to watch for sunsets.



Looks straight out of a postcard huh? :) I got more pictures to show you guys but it's not ready yet. I had Kuya Dougie take most of our pictures because there was absolutely no way we could take pictures ourselves (which I would have wanted if it were only possible). Also I have a video to show you but again, it's not ready yet. ;)

[Check back in a few days as I update this post.]

So anyways, I also wore my first FitFlops (ever!) -- the Limited Edition Anna Sui designed Fiorella.



Brides are meant to enjoy their weddings. I didn't want any high heels to hurt my feet as I danced the night away and celebrated with my friends and family. And besides, it was a perfect match to my Korean dress.

So this I say, before becoming a mother and carrying the miracle of life inside of her...  the essence of being a woman is the chance that one day she will become a bride.


And that day for me has come! And boy, am I glad to be wearing super duper comfortable FitFlops on my feet! Who would have thought? Who would have known? Guess it's true what they say... Expect the unexpected and love comes unexpectedly.





This is a lifetime commitment... and I have made my vow.



It look a looooong time to decide but part me of thinks that I have been preparing all my life for this and all I can say now is how wonderful it is to be with THE ONE... cariño mio, my Noodle Boy.



More pics to come as I update my blog and have our church wedding this weekend! Wish us luck, guys! And thanks for the well wishes, everyone!





P.S. Please click here to be a fan of FitFlop Philippines and "LIKE" my photo if it's not too much to ask... :) 


Photo in here - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150102384282131&set=o.182795293426&comments



P.S. OUR CIVIL WEDDING VIDEO IS UP! Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkVHFooW01I

xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. awww I like this...so beautiful the wedding light, fun, happy and super in love...

    best wishes mai

    Kisses
    Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, I'm a new follower of your blog. I do hope you follow me back.

    I stumbled on your blog while I was searching for the HumanHeartNature branch address here in Cebu.

    It's really great to see another fellow bisaya blogger.

    and Oh, by the way, you are Gorgeous! and Congratulations on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images