BDJ BOX: Not just a kikay kit, but a kikay tower! Plus a brush bouquet!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

When a Kikay Kit is not enough for that overflowing beauty loot, it's time to get a Kikay Tower! But why buy it when you can build it? So that's exactly what I did with my BDJ BOXES that I've accumulated throughout the months. I was able to subscribe 5 x already this year so I got 5 boxes at my disposal.


My inspiration is no other than a desktop computer's chassis or ATX tower. I kinda miss it since I haven't turned on my desktop PC for 11 days now since the city lost its power. Currently using my MIL's notebook. Anyway, I made a Kikay Tower utilizing my BDJ BOXES, a cardboard box, some packaging tape, and a few sticks.


I have no blueprint or model to base this project on except for my imagination so it took some time for me to actually put the whole thing together. I'm no engineer or architect so it took me a good hour just to get the sticks aligned. You know I'm not very good at Math (or with sharp, pointed objects!!!) and measuring things isn't really my cup of tea.


It looks like I'm creating this for Hellraiser, a tribute to Pinhead. LOL! But note that I DID NOT SPEND A SINGLE CENTAVO in making this project. I simply gathered materials I had lying around the house. You can improve on this design if you want to build one for yourself to suit your taste and maybe even make it sturdier if you wish.


I had some BDJ BOX stickers I got left from previous boxes and stuck them on the side after I covered my Kikay Tower with plain bond paper. I am aware that I could make it prettier with an expensive stationery or wrapping paper, but as you know, my beloved city has been ravaged by super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) so I don't really have a choice right now.

And so without further ado... may I present my KIKAY TOWER!


Who knows how many more towers I will be making with my future BDJ BOX subscriptions!!? Anyway, since I still had the covers to deal with, I decided to create a cosmetic brush bouquet using
BDJ BOXES as well. The design concept was thanks to the ever supportive, Noodle Boy, and he came up with it while snapping photos of me tinkering with, according to him, my kikay stuffs.


I guess it helps the creative juices to flow when you've got nothing to do and when there's no electricity. Tee hee. Though I had to work double time, because I was losing light and it was going to get dark soon (which was why some of the photos I took afterwards needed flash).


Et voila!!! 

Brush bouquet made with recycled BDJ BOXES.
I got a plastic canister and placed it in the middle to serve as my actual brush holder. Pardon the dirty brushes as I haven't had the time to clean them all. So ladies... there you have it! Not just your ordinary Kikay Kit but a TOWER, as well as a brush holder I lovingly dub as a "Brush Bouquet", both projects accomplished with recycled BDJ BOXES!


I wrote this blog today and thought my project looked a little too plain so I took some of my enamel nail art colors and drew some floral pattern on my Kikay Tower (sorry, it's all the artsy fartsy design I could come up with!) and added some labels on the boxes to easily categorize my kikay stuff. Then I placed a purple decorative wrap inside the brush holder as well as tied a ribbon to give my Brush Bouquet a more authentic feel.

Labeled for organization

 


AND THE FINAL PRODUCTS OF MY BDJ BOX PROJECT.... 

BDJ BOX Kikay Tower and Brush Bouquet made and designed by MyMaria
With so many plastic bags being passed around here because of relief goods, I'm all about recycling these days. I've seen the worst that Mother Earth has to give, i.e. the 1991 flash flood here in Ormoc City and now 22 years later, this current calamity we are facing. I think the environment is trying to tell us something, don't you think?
 
 So how about you my fellow BDJ BOX Bellas? What do you do with your BDJ BOXES? :)



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images