Review: Olay Natural White soap

Saturday, January 24, 2015

ADVERTORIAL 

The struggle is real, ladies and gentlemen. As Filipinas (or Asians), we have been taught to love the skin we're in, but in reality, fairer skin just seems more desirable when you're living in the Far East, the Philippines in particular. I tried to wrap my head around it for the longest time but alas, whitening and lightening products are just inevitable as the humidity that hangs in the air. Well, if you can't beat them, just join them, right? Or blame it on Maslow's hierarchy of needs or simple peer pressure.

So it's usually after summer vacation that I go around hunting for the most effective whitening product, when I'm ready for my tan to fade faster. Again, if I haven't emphasized it enough in my previous whitening soap reviews, I don't want paper white skin. But since my skin burns really fast, I always end up with uneven skintone and getting the right powder/foundation shade becomes a burning issue.

When I was in high school, I heavily relied on soaps and lotions to maintain a fairer and more even skintone. Having to stay under the scorching heat of the sun during school activities was not something I looked forward to. We didn't have airconditioned classrooms so we had to open windows, right? Considering vanity as my favorite sin, I have had researched and learned decades ago that even the light that reflects on the concrete pavement was not good for the skin. As much as possible I tried to stay in the shade, but you know there were times where it was simply unavoidable.

Fast forward 15 years later, I've come across 2 soaps that reminded me of what it was like the first time I stumbled into the world of whitening soaps.



Wait, hang on just a minute... what do we have here? These whitening soaps are from OLAY! And they’re very affordable (even for students!) since you can try out the small ones for just PHP15! But take note this isn't like those old school super cheap but apparently harsh bleaching soaps like the ones from C.Y. Gabriel. Check out the ingredients and see if there's anything you might be allergic to.


Some whitening soaps that I've tried, mainly ones that I suspect contain bleach, make my skin itch like crazy. Olay Natural White soap doesn't do that to my skin. I've used Olay products for years, mostly their moisturizers and facial creams and right now I'm actually using Olay Aquaction products which I'll soon be reviewing, too. Since Olay has been around for ages and is actually known as the World’s # 1 Facial Skincare brand, I was excited to try out the Olay Natural White soaps even before summer begins. You know I'm all for trying out all sorts of beauty products but if it comes from an internationally renowned and premium skin care brand which is trusted by millions of women worldwide, it's simply a no-brainer. And do you know that Olay happens to be also #1 in the Philippines?


I've tried both variants already. The one with papaya extract which is specially made for the Philippine market reminds me a lot of those organic papaya soaps I've tried before. It smells so delicious and moisturizes my skin well. I can vouch for the effectiveness of papaya extract after all these years of using products that contain this essential ingredient.


On the other hand, if papaya extract isn't your cup of tea, then the Olay Natural White soap with the grape seed extract (that's 20 x Vitamin C!) is an alternative which smells like a baby's soap, you know almost like the gentle Tender Care soaps if I'm not mistaken. Vitamin C, based on my experience, is also effective when it comes to skin whitening.


So what makes the Olay Natural White soaps so special? I believe it's the TRIPLE WHITENING SYSTEM. Why use different soaps when you can use one that does everything? First, it exfoliates, then it brightens and in the end, you'll have even skintone! And those are exactly the things that I look for in whitening soaps..

Olay Natural White soaps with Triple Whitening System
It's got basically everything I need in a single soap! Why settle for anything less when you can get the best? Oh and I really love how it lathers up and how sudsy it gets.


  • Use Olay Natural White soap in the shower twice a day – in the morning and in the evening before you sleep.
  • While in shower, lather liberally especially in areas that require extra attention (areas that are rougher, a bit darker in skin tone, or are subjected to friction from clothes or other fabric).  Use a puff for a more indulgent feel. This will also enhance the effect of the exfoliation.
  • Treat your skin with care.  Pat your skin dry with a clean towel after shower.  Make sure you don’t scrub your skin to avoid friction which causes skin irritation.

MyMaria Loves Olay Natural White!
But is it enough? I've been doing this whole whitening thing for years and a lot of them work for me really; however, if you want to speed up any whitening process, I suggest a lifestyle change. First of all, these whitening soaps can only do so much to our integumetary system. Trust me, experience has been my greatest teacher and there are more things you can do that will help you obtain your goals of having fairer skin. See instructional guide below.

For best results, also use Olay Natural White Moisturising Cream for an extraordinary pinkish glow, and Olay Natural White cleansers for gentle cleansing for your face.

When you create a lifestyle change and commit to healthier living, your skin will thank you for it and in the long run, not only will it benefit your skin but also your overall health and well-being. Be happy, be healthy, and become your best beautiful with Olay Natural White soaps.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images