Kawaii Must-Haves: Jan-Feb 2015 BDJBOX 7-day Challenge

Friday, February 20, 2015

#BDJBOX
My 2015 started with the biggest beauty kick off with my January-February BDJ BOX containing my favorite full-sized Japanese products worth PHP 2,764 plus the vouchers. The beauty box is worth basically 4 x the cost of the monthly subscription which is only PHP 580! Whoa! I feel so lucky and loved!

I'm pretty sure you're familiar with these products already as I have featured them before in my blog but I'm doing the BDJ BOX 7-Day Challenge so here goes nothing.

DAY 1


I've used Pixy powder foundations in April of last year but this time I got two different shades. Since they didn't necessarily match my current skintone, I found a use for them by using them to contour and highlight my face. The Two-Way Cake Fit in Tropical Beige (PHP 275) is dark for contour and the Coverlast (PHP 325) in Natural is for highlight. The two way cake  is a great long lasting face base that can be used wet or dry depending on the look you're aiming for and the Coverlast is super awesome at covering blemishes + controlling oil plus giving you a smooth, even, and natural look! Pixy is a favorite brand of mine that you can buy locally at selected Watsons stores and it is very affordable, too!

DAY 2


Don't be a bed head! Wake up with super sleek, frizz-free, & more manageable hair with Lucido-L leave-on overnight treatment oil (PHP 295). For straighter hair that allows fingers to run through easily from roots to ends! Also it smells fruity and wonderful! I also use the Lucido-L hair supplements, the Curling Milk and the Styling Milk for Straight hair (PHP 295), depending on what I'm doing with my hair. For me they are great setting lotions that nourishes your hair at the same time.

DAY 3



Pixy blush (PHP 345) in Carnation Bloom for a sweet innocent look that's perfect for any date. Ahem! And you know, not just for Valentines Day because it's just the right peachy pink color for an everyday natural cute flush. It's got the right amount of pigmentation to ensure that and I never end up looking like a clown.

DAY 4



Pixy Eye Shadow (PHP 315) in Sorrel Brown is all you need for a casual daily look. I've been using this all week and I'm loving it to bits! It makes your eye pop without really trying. You don't even have to be a pro at applying it because it glides easily and one swatch of color gives enough pigmentation.


You can take the the light shimmery peach color and lightly dust all over the lid and/or on the crease like I did, then take the dark taupe-brown and use it as eyeliner alternative. You can use this to further define your crease, too, as in transitioning from day to night. Easy-peasy! Can you guess what shade of lipstick I'm wearing in the photo above? This is also from Pixy!

DAY 5



Using the same Sorrel Brown eye shadow palette from Pixy with this Day to Night makeup transition with one shimmery peachy shade and one taupe-brown shade. From neutral to smokey eyes. Again, it is very easy to apply and won't take up space in your makeup kit. The eyeshadows last a decent 4-5 hours without primer. It's buildable, too!

DAY 6
I've been using the Bifesta makeup remover (PHP 419) since 2013 and I find absolutely nothing wrong with it so I continue using this to remove stubborn waterproof makeup. It's also water-based so you can use it when you're too lazy to wash your face before hitting the sack. And what's more? It's also a toner!  It comes in 4 variants. When I was breaking out, I used the Sebum one to help control the oil on my face. If you haven't tried the Bifesta makeup remover, grab one now!

DAY 7

Sunkiller Perfect Strong A with SPF 50 (PHP 495) is the most ultra-light sunblock I've ever tried! Honest! It even dries up matte just like powder and is a great face primer methinks. It claims to be resistant to sweat and water, which I have to test soon when I'm off to bask in the sun this coming summer season. It also contains a menthol blend for a cooling sensation. OMG! Can there be a more perfect sunblock than this??? No more sticky icky feeling during the hot and humid season! I give this my two thumbs up!!! You definitely need to try this!

CONCLUSION:
The best thing about these Japanese products is that they are friendly to the Filipina skin and even the shades match and complement our skintone. This is basically the reason why I'm partial to Asian products over imported ones from the US. Our climate/weather is also something to consider when purchasing makeup. Because we live in the tropics with heavy torrential rains, I highly recommend beauty products that are waterproof and sweatproof.


There you go, folks! All these products I used in my #BDJBOX7Day Challenge are going to be mainstays in my beauty station and I see myself buying these Kawaii must-haves for a very loooong time.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images