Beachbody Ready: A Fitness Journey with PiYo and Focus T25!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Internet has made it possible once again for me to discover one of the things that I desperately need during this time of my life. After all the parties and the major shift to a domesticated lifestyle, I have to be honest in admitting that I haven't been able to take good care of myself lately. Because (hello?) adulthood is no walk in the park and in due time, stress can take its toll... and then combined with slower metabolism and a sedentary lifestyle, I am as unhealthy as I can get.

I tipped the scale at 125 lbs (56.69 kg) about a week ago and I knew then and there I needed to do something about this weight gain and overall lethargic feeling. I didn't want to go on a diet because I've been there and done that. But this time I wanted to actually do something bigger, more challenging... you know, an actual change for the better, maybe for good and for the rest of my life. And that's when the Internet showed me the way and I discovered Beachbody and Dr. Teri Fisher, a top Beachbody coach in Canada and founder of The Exercise Movement. I browsed his website endlessly and found exercises I feel like I could do to begin with.

Teri Fisher Beachbody coach in Canada

You know, I was never big into the whole exercising or fitness deal even before because I am too vain for my own good. Meaning, the main reason I didn't want to go to a gym is because I don't like sweating which ends up erasing my eyebrows! HA! I know, it's shallow but hey, that's just me. It also doesn't make sense to wear makeup when you work out. But I know for a fact that exercising is good... well, everyone knows that! And just recently, during the PTA meeting at our son's school, at our own Alma Mater, we learned that exercise really fosters the growth of new brain cells, which is why the kids need to have some play time (more like functional movement exercises, gross and fine motor skills, and learning through play activities). Even the teachers do it!

Photo credits to St. Paul's School, that is constantly cultivating a culture of optimal health and wellness through a constant stream of teaching and learning outside the box.
So if the kids can do it and teachers participate in it, what's my excuse? Okay, so I was feeling pretty lame thinking about it and so I told myself, "This is it! It's now or never." During my chat with Teri, he suggested, "21 Day Fix,  P90, and Focus T25 are great programs for beginners. There is also CIZE if you enjoy dancing. There is something for everyone!" And he's right. Check out his Team Beachbody in Canada website. You'll find a lot of exercises you can just do at home, which are perfect for people like me who can't be bothered to go to a gym.

A friend of mine shared with me her Insanity experience and I think she did a wonderful job following the program to get these amazing results!

Photo belongs to the owner.

During my conversation with her, I gathered that the most important thing is to stay motivated when it comes to following the program and getting fit. Of course, it helps a lot to have someone to be there for you like a coach and that's what Teri does as a Beachbody coach in Canada. He offers FREE COACHING! Don't believe me? Visit his site at http://theexercisemovement.com and you'll see.

So anyway, last week I convinced my friend, Mary Anne, to join me in this fitness journey. Hey, even though I don't want to work out with people in the gym, it's still no fun to do it alone at home. So having a friend along on the journey makes the ride worthwhile! And here we go...

Strive for progress not perfection.

Her sisters joined in the fun, too! 

Sweat it out with PiYo and Focus T25!
How did we do for the first week? Well, it was no easy task alright but we survived! It didn't kill us and now we look forward to completing this new challenge and can't wait to see results for ourselves. I learned the best type of exercise is something that doesn't make you feel like you're dying after you do it and actually makes you want to do it again. You know it's great and you'll stick to it when you actually look forward to the next time around. Plus the exercises vary per day! Always something new each day to get your entire body moving!

Teri Fisher Beachbody coach in Canada
Slowly but surely.
So here's the fun part. After a week, I lost 3 lbs! Yes, it's not much, but great things start from small beginnings. I didn't even have to go on a strict diet but simply eliminated all the junk that I've been consuming. Best of all, I feel stronger and more flexible. I don't catch my breath when I climb up our flight of stairs anymore. Even though my body is a bit sore, I know that it will go away once my body is adjusted to the exercises. If slow movements/stretching/Yoga/Pilates bore you, there's always dancing with CIZE or the whole extreme P90 stuff you can do if that challenges you more. Again, it really depends on you. Just listen to your body and know what you're capable of. Then push yourself to the limit! Hmmm, I sound like a coach, maybe I should try coaching when I'm done with this. Tee hee!


Anyway, I won't try to persuade anybody else to work out because I think that should be a choice you have to make for yourself. But if you do decide to do something about it, find a coach to help you get started. Like I said, the Internet is wonderful place for resources. I'm not writing this post to advertise anything but just sharing my own experience and doing my part to show you that if you want to do something, then you have the power to do it. And if you want to live an active, fit, and healthy life, it's really up to you. Nevertheless, if you need a guide, then I recommend checking out The Exercise Movement to get you started on your journey and download their FREE 7-MINUTE WORKOUT!

Good luck and do wish me luck, too!

TWITTERFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTYOUTUBEBLOGEMAIL 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images