Memories for the Holidays.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

As you all probably know... Noodle Boy is back... in the flesh! Say goodbye to sleepless Skype nights! (Thank you so much, Skype, for everything. We love you!)

First question, how is he? He says he's happy to be back home and now, he is in good hands. ;) It sure seems so because he is looking as great as ever and of course, he's with me all the time. LOL!


So what did this dashing young man get me for Christmas? Memories. Literally. And then some...

Okay, so remember when I gave up Maki and cried a bucket of tears? Well, he felt bad seeing me all broken and all, so he said I should just get a replacement. He helped me decide on getting a MacBook Aluminum Unibody instead. We call him "Mickey"... and what do you expect from a laptop with 2.4ghz processor, 2gb RAM, 250gb HD, and NVIDIA 9400 graphics... with backlit keyboards!? Well, it's pretty much enough for me and just what I need. Well, it's a Mac running on Snow Leopard!



I don't have to preach about the Mac again because I can see the Noodle Boy rolling his eyes already. Initially, I thought about getting the MacBook Pro but seeing the benchmarks on Mickey, getting him was a great buy and it was just practical.

Mickey's XBench scores with the original 2gb memory:


Do I really need to spend more on an MBP when an Alum MB is enough? I could... but I used my head. As a reward, Cariño Mio offered to bump up the memory to 4gb so I could "unleash my creativity", that is according to him.


*Crucial is highly recommended for memory upgrades on a Mac.


to...


So that's from a 2gb to a 4gb RAM! How can you NOT be creative with that? Tee hee.

Watch the video below to watch us upgrade Mickey's RAM:



I guess you could say, we don't need tech guys to fix things for us. We'll just do it ourselves. So...


Ta-da! Mickey's just as fast as Maki now (see below) but the big bonus really between the two is that I can take Mickey anywhere! (Duh! It's a portable!)
Maki's XBench scores: (2.8ghz, 4gb RAM iMac)



Mickey's XBench scores AFTER the 4gb memory upgrade:

IMPRESSIVE!

And now, a pic of Mickey and Nadia (Noodle Boy's special edition HP) below.




Don't they look lovely together, too? Tee hee...
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!

His real present is actually the APPLE MAGIC MOUSE. Magic what? Yeah, you read it right. A MOUSE! But it's not just an ordinary computer mouse. Why? Because it's a Mac. *bleh*
Magic Mouse

Meet The world's first Multi-Touch mouse. Suddenly, everything clicks. And swipes. And scrolls.






I really can't even begin to describe how beautiful the mouse is. I've never been this enamored with a computer accessory *ever*. It's so ________ (insert adjective here). I wonder how many Clicks Per Second I can do with this. Gonna try that out when I can. By the way, there's just too many feedbacks and reviews out there from people saying they like and they don't like the MM. But hey, it all boils down to preference, okay? Best thing to do is try it first before you buy. In my case, I guess it's aesthetics over anything. Tee hee.

Now, it's confirmed. My boif is such a geek. But he's the sweetest geek of all. Why? Because even if it breaks his bank account, he was still able to score me a TEKKEN 6 game! Woot! Woot! You know, I'm such a big fan of Tekken... from way back during my PS1 and PS2 days, and even my mom has Tekken in her PSP! I think the whole Tekken series with the family feud for Mishima Zaibatsu, the G Corporation, and their King of Iron Fist Tournament is a great story. (Kinda reminds me of the Maguindanao Massacre now though... *shivers* But this one's just a fight among the family members themselves!) They really should make a proper movie out of Tekken! The animated film made a couple of years ago sucked like BIG time. Anyways, I heard great reviews and feedbacks about the latest game and told Cariño Mio about it. And whadyaknow? He got it! Ain't he just for keeps?


Time to flex those fingers, polish those rusty combination moves, and get ready for a lot of eye strain. ^_^

Wanna guess who's my fave character? ;) None other than...



Noodle Boy also managed to bring me a lot of other goodies, too... like my very first Zippo. Buying an expensive lighter didn't EVER cross my mind, but I don't mind owning one now. It looks beautiful and I got his message clear alright. It's emblazoned right there! Time to Google those neat Zippo tricks and learn them for the kicks. ;)



He also got me some other intimate stuffs and most notably these gorgeous butterfly amethyst earrings I have on me now.


Awww... aren't they totally kawaii?


It's so... ME. Purple. Butterflies. It's love.

Noodle Boy, you're the best! Gracias, Cariño. I really couldn't ask for more... ^_^ Especially because all I ever want for Christmas is here with me now.



I don't want a lot for Christmas... There is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true. All I want for Christmas is... You... Cariño Mio.




WARNING: Hit the play button only if you want to witness how tone deaf I am. :P
All you haters can laugh trip all you want. Guaranteed to give you nightmares the whole season!


Hope your Holidays would be as HAPPY as mine!!!

post signature
P.S. I also gave Noodle Boy a bunch of presents for Christmas, too... He's not the only one feeling generous this season. ;)

Just a couple of statement shirts, Lacoste Hot Play perfume, a Moleskine sketch notebook, LE 2009 Filipinas Havaianas, and Ray-Ban 3025 aviators (yup, like mine!)... It's not much compared to what I got from him, but hey, ain't it the thought that counts? =P

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images