The New Me

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Taking a trip down memory lane while archiving old photos, I came across a picture of myself taken in 2005 and I couldn't believe it that I had to do a double take just to make sure I was really looking at "me".
Whoa! I used to look like this?!
*
*
*
*
*
Four years ago...

OMGWTFBBQ!
Then I remembered and said to myself, "Oh! Those were my Pixie days!" I was such a beach bum then and no wonder the people I used to work with from the call center industry could hardly recognize me now! When I came back from my short US vacation that time, my dark tanned skin was such a hit in the Land of the Free that "TAN" was the new white. There's something about being a bronzed beauty there that's very sexy... on most girls. Can't help but smirk while thinking Tan as my middle name. Quite literally. ^_^ Tee hee.
But over the years, peer pressure and living in a society that adores flawless white skin got the best of me... and as vain as I am, ultimately I gave in and got rid of the color with the help of various and readily available lightening products in the market. (Really not that hard to change your pigment nowadays!) It's as simple as changing your hair color! All those soaps, lotions, creams, and what not...
Thus, I said goodbye to the sexy Latina look and embraced the new fairer ME.
*
*
*
*
*
Four years later...


TRANSFORMED!
That's a whole lotta shades lighter!
Okay, I know I gained some weight since... we don't have to emphasize it much. (Tsk!) And although I'm a bit older now, I really think having lighter skin makes one look younger. Or is it just me...? Like the fact that short hair makes me look old. Why is that? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Anyhow, everyone else says that I really don't look my age now. That alone is quite enough flattery for me to get all my self-esteem and self-confidence intact. I feel like I can do anything.


MyMaria's Metamorphosis:



Morena to Mestiza???
But do you believe that beauty is only skin deep? Or that beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder? ^_^
So until I go back to the Home of the Brave or summer arrives, whichever comes first... (Wait, do you remember my summer in Bantayan Island this year? I had golden skin!) Well, I think I'll stick to how I look like as of the moment. Because right here, right now... white is the new tan. :)


P.S. You think maybe "White" should be my middle name now? LOL!
Cheers, GlutaMAX! Here's to The New Me!

post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images