Projects for Fun and Vanity

Sunday, January 23, 2011



The first half of the first month of the year has given me enough time to start a few projects. These, however, aren't meant for me to get richer or what. It's for educational purposes. In other words, I'm learning new things (investing money and time) merely for the sake of fun, creativity, and well, just to get rid of boredom. It's actually fun because I need to upgrade my skills and knowledge in this dog-eat-dog world. To give you a clearer picture...

Take a look at this site I just made exclusively for the videos and audios that I've accumulated these past few days/weeks. Or click here:
http://mymaria.podbean.com/

There's more to come in the following weeks, that is, if I don't get a new job or projects (paid, this time!) that will again take up 20 hours of my time each day. Not that I'm complaining. I actually prefer being busy than not doing anything at all. (I've done that for the first 20 years of my life! Bumming around I mean.) Being productive is so much better than possessing an idle mind which eventually becomes a devil's workshop. True.

Another thing that has been keeping me in check is my "skin project", which I have yet to reveal as soon as I accomplish this thing. I'm very excited about it and hopefully see results in the end. This one's really got me all worked up... stressed and broke. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. ;) I'll keep you posted about this one but as of now, you'll just have to wait and see... since that's exactly what I'm doing, too. Also, I'm seriously considering getting a makeover in the next week or two. There's a new salon that opened up in town owned by a friend who just became a sough after make-up artist for celebs in Manila and decided to move back home to operate a business. I guess it's another one of those theres-no-place-like-home decisions almost all of us go through at one point in time. I will definitely blog about that project when it happens.

Looking for cool contests and joining those that I find exciting, even the intriguing and controversial ones, are also still in my agenda. I haven't lost hope or motivation for this (yup, I even got time to do it) and it's pretty exciting to know that there's 12 months of contests to look forward to this year! I also want to keep my optimism in check. I could still remember that time I won TWICE when Auction.ph was launched back in 2007 or was it 2008?! I really did win two DVD players just by signing up or registering... No joke! Well, one account was under my name and the other under my mom's name. Tee hee! Another similar thing has just begun. All you gotta do is sign up for PAKYAW. Click photo below:

Philippine Contest and Freebies

Furthermore, my weight project is 100% complete and I'm not sure I want to share my secret to the world. *insert evil laugh here* And honestly, a lot of my friends have benefited from it -- friends that are actually in my circle here. So cyber buddies, if you must insist, send me a message on Facebook, tweet, or email me and I'll do my best to share with you this SUPER GUARANTEED METHOD of losing weight and trust me, it won't cost you an arm or a leg. Just the usual... a bit of discipline and well, a lot of water. For more details, do get in touch with me. I'm not utterly selfish. I share what I know, but I just don't want people stealing my ideas all the time and taking credit for it. Ugh. So annoying!



I didn't get back my 25" waistline doing just nothing, you know. ;) And the Holidays just ended! But trust me when I say, I didn't break a sweat losing 3 inches off my waistline and the unwanted 12 pounds. Friends of mine (names withheld!) lost as much as I did and Noodle Boy even lost 15 pounds! But hey, if I share you my secret, then you'll have to be sworn in to secrecy and give me your first born child. LOL. I kid, I kid!

Alright, that's it for a quick blog update. I'll write some more next time when I come up with amazingly brilliant ideas for a blog entry. Don't worry, I don't suspect I'll be getting a mental block any time soon. *knock on wood*

What about you guys? What's keeping you busy and do you have something for me to do while I still have time to do it? Come on, pitch me some ideas in the comments!


xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images