Mother of... Guam. Let's Escape!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Source: http://grandpajohn.blogspot.com/2010/04/straw-that-broke-guams-back.html

The little island girl in me is screaming for more! A photo of this near-yet-so-far island haunts my dreams and I have so long wanted to see the island for myself. Ever since a dear friend, Rica Serafica-Torres went to Guam for an apprenticeship after going to culinary school, admiring her photos which I made a collage of below really excited the beach bum that is me.


Since I have lived in a coastal town and being a true blue island girl all my life, the beach is my home... or so I'd like to think even though I am happily married with a kid now. The thing is, my husband, the ever-supportive Noodle Boy, enjoys the very same things as I do and even though we have settled down, we both still want to see the world together. An island getaway is a very much welcome idea for us right now.



Here are our top 10 reasons why Guam, USA should be our next travel destination and what we ought to do should we win a trip to Guam. (All images below are from Google. I do not own them.)


10. Explore tranquil beaches and crystal clear waters. 
Looking at photos like that makes me forget all the stress of being a wife and a mother of a bouncing baby boy. I want to go snorkeling and maybe find a couple of Nemos (clownfish) here and there.


9. Watch glorious sunsets and take strolls along the beach. 
Is there anything else more romantic than taking photographs of sunset and walking hand in hand along the beach on barefoot feeling the white sand massage your tired feet?


8. Fun and frolic in the pools. 
After a warm day out and about in Guam, the only thing sensible to do is take a nice cool dip in the Inarajan pools. Photo by by Ahiliil Saitanan.


7. WATERFALLS! And more water... 
I think flying when to Guam I won't require much luggage because I don't think clothes are really necessary most of the time when we're there. There's just so much swimming, relaxing, and water fun out there!


6. LOVE... 
Because I'm a hopeless romantic and would like to see where the two lovers jumped as a statement of their love and well, you know the story. I'm a writer so I do like to read even about tragedies.


5. EAT GOOD EXOTIC FOOD. 
These Guam coconut candies looks absolutely yummy and I have to try them out! Don't they look delicious?

Guam 2011


 4. LONG WHITE BEACHES. 
Joseph Flores Beach Park, Mata'pang Beach Park, Faifa'i Beach, Ritidian Beach... you gotta love TUMON BAY!


 3. THE ART IN THE SKY.  
I've always been fascinated with flying aircrafts and the fighter jets that fly across the skies in the Guam are not to be missed! I always love watching planes and helicopters fly by but looking at F16s and  F22s paint the skies, boy, that's going down in my books! (Yes, I'm that type of girl.)

Dinner Show in PIC

 2. PACIFIC ISLAND DANCES.  
I love culture, too. I enjoy watching dances and songs of the local people wherever it may be in the world especially during dinner shows. I have traveled far and wide but not to the Pacific Islands... and this just might be what's missing in my life.



 1. DIVING IN GUAM.  
If Ariel in the Little Mermaid wants to be part of our world, I think otherwise. Underwater is something else and Sebastian the crab is right. There's so much peace and colorful life under the water in contrast to the busy chaotic life on land. Even the sunken ships don't seem so scary (a mix of mysterious, eerie, and exhilarating rather!) under the cool waters of Guam.


Source: http://www.oustravel.com/category/australia-and-pacific/guam/



In-Camera HDR (Guam)


Okay, now time to put on my headphones and close my eyes as I listen to Rupert Holmes sing "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" and daydream about Guam. I suggest you do the same, too. De-stress. It's good for you.

Travel


xoxo,

post signature



Don't forget to LIKE if you enjoyed reading this and want to visit GUAM, too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images