My Geeky Valentine

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

As the title suggests, clearly it wasn't flowers or chocolates (or the lack of) that surprised me during this year's Valentine's Day. When I was younger, so much more naive, and anorexic, my idea of Valentine's Day was stereotypical. Dinner date, cheesy cards, and shallow gifts that everyone else gets anyway. Still, the balloons that I got or the cakes that my sweet tooth enjoyed back then was considered a life experience.

The older I got, the more I thought about Valentines Day being a capitalist holiday. I didn't stop celebrating it though but I figured they should not be extremely special. A home-cooked dinner and a hit movie was now my idea of a Valentines Day. Surely, I didn't want to have dinner with a bunch of other people in a restaurant. I would rather be on a beach building a bonfire with the love of my life on Valentines Day. The idea was to be alone with my one true love on the day of hearts. But that's just me.

When it came to gifts, I am a sucker for them. I don't care if they're really cheap or expensive, but it's opening presents that I truly enjoy and of course, the sound of the paper being torn. It's therapeutic! Tee hee. The gift I ordered for Noodle Boy has not arrived yet. Booooo to international shipping! So let me show you what I got from my dearest husband instead.


He knows what I think of Valentines Day and he shares the same sentiment so we didn't really go anywhere special and just enjoyed my awesome new TRUE LOVE Ribs recipe. And it's easy because the only way to Noodle Boy's heart is really through his stomach. Haha! But he did get me a gift... and above all, it was wrapped!!!


Now that's a first! FACT: Noodle Boy has outdone himself this time because he actually got something for me that's wrapped!!! We usually give each other gifts but never wrapped because, well, I don't know, we're environmentally conscious when it comes to paper. NAX KA NENENG!  


Anyways. You'll never guess what he got me. Well, I never did... until I opened it. :)

You see, I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't a pair of shoes/flipflops coz I've still got one too many, not jewelry because the box is too big, and not clothes because he knows I aim to lose these extra 20 lbs I still have on. So what could it be?

Now this is something I didn't see coming although I've been pretty transparent all this time and it was easy for Noodle Boy to get what I needed/wanted. Take note that he is a smart buyer and he has actually taught me to curb all my shopping impulses all this time and for that I am thankful because I feel financially wise now. Feel lang. Tee hee.


It's a portable USB 3.0 external drive!!! How sweet is that!? You don't agree? Well... this might shed some light why he got me just that.

So you see, my husband was paying attention to my tweets! HAHAHAHA! He knows exactly what I need and God knows how happy I am that he's that sort of guy. I cannot imagine being with someone who thinks I'm better off with a nice pair of shoes or a new set of earrings.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!


He also got me a wireless mouse... in PURPLE! Though he's color blind, you gotta hand it to the guy. Noodle Boy is a real gem! I'm so blessed to be loved like this... *sigh* 


So there you have it! My Geeky Valentine... capitalist holiday or not, I got the stuffs I need and I use it everyday. Not some imported chocolate I could gobble up in a blink of an eye or expensive flowers that will just wither and die. ;) Ahhh it rhymes, too!


Gracias cariño mio... and thank you, Lord, for making this awesome guy, my husband, the father of my precious boy and my lifelong Valentine, to have and to hold for the rest of my life.


The best gift of them all... my MIKKO VINCENZO.


xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images