Heinz, The Perfect Ingredient, and A Real Recipe for True Love

Monday, February 20, 2012

There are just too many maxims about love and if I write them all down, it's going to be like a post-Valentine hangover. So let me spare everyone the agony and get straight to the point. What is the recipe for true love? I have a recipe I'd like to share. A real recipe... for TRUE LOVE.

Allow me to say state this all too familiar proverb: The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. / The shortest road to men's hearts is down their throats. Agree?

Based on my experience, it is in fact a big bonus to be able to cook a decent, if not a totally orgasmic, food for your boyfriend or husband. Even with watching Japanese anime over the years, I have observed that schoolgirls often give their bento boxes to the boys they like. (And you gotta hand it to them because making sushi for me is quite a feat!)

I can, however, manage to cook up a storm when I feel like it and/or when there's a special occasion. This year's Valentine's Day was no exception. Instead of going out to dinner and falling into a cunning capitalist scheme or a Hallmark ploy, I decided to try something... in the kitchen.

Enter the ingredients.

American beef ribs for true love! Is that my idea of a sweet, romantic Valentines Day surprise? Well, for one, ribs are especially tasty. I love eating barbecued baby back ribs. (Who doesn't?) And second of all, if you've read the Bible or paid attention at least to one of your early religion classes in primary school, you do realize that in Genesis 2:21, we read that God takes one of Adam's ribs then  uses it to create Eve. (Okay, for the sake of Valentine's Day, let's not argue about that and just let it be.) RIBS = ADAM + EVE = LOVE. 'Nuff said.

Moving on... since I have no time to smoke some ribs nor an oven to cook a standard ribs recipe, I improvised with the use of a microwave. Perhaps when I'm older, more mature, and have become a full-pledged housewife I might consider investing in a real nice and expensive La Germania Americana stainless-steel cooker.


For now, my small and trusty microwave oven will have to do. The main ingredient I should say with this easy little recipe of mine is TO COOK WITH LOVE. The first trick I learned about cooking food is to use your hands... and second and most important of all is to cook with passion, thereby putting all the love you have to give on the food you are cooking. Sounds simple, right? It is! Trust me. And people will be able to taste that love in the food you just made. Just ask my husband. Tee hee.




For the success of this particular recipe, I have HEINZ Tomato Ketchup to thank for. Heinz claims to have the best taste for a tomato ketchup because it is sweet and spicy, intense, and concentrated. If you have not tried Heinz tomato ketchup, you have missed 1/2 of your life! There is no other tomato ketchup that gives that fullest tomato flavor with a perfect blend of spices.


Some people argue whether tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. It is, however, stated that a tomato is technically the fruit of the tomato plant but often we use it as a vegetable in cooking. Kind of a win-win situation for me. I got my GLOW food right thurr! Fruit and vegetable, all rolled into one! But that's just me.

Anyway, Heinz definitely has that taste of 100% real tomatoes. Just like love, sometimes it can be sweet and sometimes sour... but with the right blend, then it's TRUE LOVE! It is important that in loving someone you have to be like a HEINZ tomato ketchup -- completely free from artificial preservatives, colors, flavors and thickener! Just real, authentic, unconditional love. The PERFECT INGREDIENT if you ask me.
My husband's parents, my mother-in-law and father-in-law, have been happily married for 30 years... and my own parents, still together after 43 years!!! Now that's TRUE LOVE! I know my Noodle Boy and I are only about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and we still got so much ahead of us. (A trip to paradise like Guam would be quite the adventure after being married for a year and considering we skipped a honeymoon vacation totally, don't you think?)

With our lives together just beginning, we do have such great inspirations looking at the love and lives of our parents, what they've been through, and how important it is to stay together as vowed -- to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part.

*SIGH*  True love doesn't have a happy ending... simply because it doesn't end. :)

And the product of the love we made and the love we have for each other... presenting our baby love.


Be in love with love. Always. 

How was your Valentine's Day this year?

xoxo,

post signature




Don't forget to LIKE if you enjoyed reading and would like to try this recipe, too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images