It's Summer Once More

Monday, April 09, 2012

So I thought I'd be skipping summer this year like last year when I was pregnant with my Little Noodlelito. Turns out that summer had just begun this year for the whole family. Yup, the Francos took off to the summer capital of the Philippines when Moi & Dom (my in-laws) booked the whole family for a trip up North with the whole gang!


We couldn't be more thrilled than a 6-day trip by land, sea, and air... and all firsts for our Mikko Vincenzo. And take note, we brought no Yaya for him! Whoopee! What a huge feat and success for me and Noodle Boy! And we owe it to a couple of Alaxan capsules. Can you imagine carrying an 11-kilo baby with you during a vacation!?



I had a grand time documenting the trip via Path. If you have the app, add me up! My photos of the trip are all about Mikko because at slightly <130 lbs I didn't fancy getting pictures taken of me. Tee hee.

At Gustilo's Resort in Capas, Tarlac.



At this time of the year, Baguio City is definitely the place to be. 



It was 10°C when we got there at night. So naturally, it was a great relief from the amazing heat of our tropical country especially from urban areas.




We did the usual tourist thing, although all of us had been to Baguio at random times in our lives before. First time I went to Baguio was way back in 1999. Then again we went via land trip again in 2003. And this time around, in 2012. So √ Mines View, √ Wright Park, √ Good Shepherd, √ The Mansion, √ Burnham Park, and √ The Philippine Military Academy were pretty much in the list of places to visit... again. It was good to be in Baguio and remembering it just like it was the last time. Although the smell of pine trees in the air isn't as much as it used to be. Tsk tsk tsk. Global warming? Air pollution? How could you? :(






We even had the chance to visit Ocean Park on our way home since we had a day free to do anything back in the big city.




They have exciting promos to avail of to suit your time and schedule.


Travelling with a kid definitely is something else. Luggage seemed to double in size, though we didn't exceed or have any excess baggage. I made a list of essentials to bring when bringing a baby along on vacation in case you have plans and don't know what to do. You can read it in my other blog, if you're interested. http://www.mrsnoodleboy.com

Since we got other summer plans lined up, this is just the beginning... Stay tuned for more fun in the sun! :)

Where are you off to this summer? Let me know!

Travel


xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images