Mission Accomplished: How To Grow Back Overplucked Eyebrows

Monday, May 06, 2013

For 5 awfully long years, I've been trying to grow back my overplucked eyebrows. I don't know who started all this Kilay 2000 craze, but that got to me. By the time I graduated college, I had a thin line for eyebrows. It was so 1990s, I know. Remember Drew Barrymore? Pamela Anderson? Don't get me wrong because they were my idols in high school!


And ever since then, I've developed some kind of plucking disorder and I would actually berate someone when I see them with ungroomed eyebrows. I can't count the number of people (including guys!) whose eyebrows I've practically shaped and arched right so it would look more, umm, presentable. Yeah, that's just my thing. It's quite a pet peeve really. I ought to open a BrowHaus branch in my area.

If there's such a thing as a bad hair day, well, I get really bad eyebrow days! It's really annoying because these eyebrows are the reason why I'm almost always late for my appointments. So many times I've considered getting a tattoo but I couldn't go through it. What if I don't want my current eyebrow style anymore? What if my face sags and my eyebrows will end up on my forehead when I'm 60? Arggghhh! Maybe I'll do eyebrow embroidery... maybe not. We'll see.

But for now, for the purpose of this blog post, I'll show you how I managed to get my almost non-existent eyebrows to grow back in just 2 months time. I'm positive that if I keep up with this, I may never need to draw my eyebrows again and I'll have no excuse to be late anymore. Tee hee.

Grow back your eyebrows in 2 months
How to grow back overplucked eyebrows by MyMaria
Okay, let's travel back in time! Are you ready to see some comparisons? You better! Because I spent hours looking for my old photos so I can show you guys my eyebrow evolution. :)

Eyebrows can make or break your look and for 13 years, I have mastered drawing eyebrows every single friggin' day. 
In March when I started treating my eyebrows, in April when I finally see some growth, and in May when I can really see more hair on my brows! WOW!
In case you're wondering, I also lost a total of 16 lbs now since I did the juice fast back in March so my face is kind of slimmer. (You can read all about it HERE if you're interested.) And since I've been living a healthier lifestyle, perhaps it could be one of the reasons why my eyebrows grew back. LOL! Anyway, now it's time for the big revelation. For less than PHP 1,000.00, I was able to grow my eyebrows in 2 months with the help of... *drumroll please* ... no other than -- REGROE (minoxidil) and BIOTIN!


Yup, that's right. Most of you already know that minoxidil (generic) is used to treat hair loss and Biotin 5mg (or 5000 mcg) is also known as Vitamin H for hair and nails. When combined, results are faster. I did my research, and you should too before starting any experiments.

Still it is a case to case basis, but it's worth a shot if you ask me. I applied the minoxidil 2 x a day, in the morning/afternoon and at night using an eyebrow brush or a Q-tip (cotton bud). Yes, I have that kind of perseverance (thank you very much). Tip: Wait at least 2 hours before you zonk out at night so the minoxodil dries up or gets absorbed and it does not go anywhere you don't want it to. You don't want to grow a beard now also, do you?

Anyway, I only used Biotin for a month since I was already seeing results in April. I continued using Regroe since I still have a lot in the bottle. I'm going to keep at it til I run out of the solution. I'm thinking perhaps in 4 months' time I won't even have to fill in my sparse eyebrows and have naturally thicker ones. Think Natalie Portman or better yet, Audrey Hepburn. One can only dream. Hey, libre mangarap man kuno! 

Thicker eyebrows can make your eyes look younger. 
Next up. My lashes. See that photo above? Those are what little lashes I have + a bit of mascara that really doesn't do much for them. I'm thinking of buying this serum that's been hyped for lash growth lately but I'm reading mixed reviews. I'll do some more research. We'll see. If that works for me, I'll be sure to share my experience here in my blog.

Thicker eyebrows are so much better! Goodbye Kilay 2000!

So til then! Good luck growing your eyebrows. For the mean time, look at how thicker lashes with mascara makes eyes look better? Do follow me on Instagram if you're interested on updates regarding my eyebrow/lash project.


TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images