Review: Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Headturner

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Because I was not born to blend in, I was born to stand out!
As epic as the name of the lipstick is, it really is the most attention-grabbing of the bunch that I was able to grab from Sample Room. As you know, you can try out these lippies for free if you register on the site and use your points to "grab" samples and have them shipped to you for a minimal fee. Then review the product and get your points back so you can use them again (adding +1 to you existing points). Confused? Just go to the site and check it out yourself.


Anyways, moving into this review, HEADTURNER is a hot pink shade. For 30 years, I've never been overly fond of pink lips... or lipsticks in general. But when I decided to become a beauty blogger, I let go of my inhibitions and started wearing pink lipsticks. At first I was hesitant that it wouldn't complement my weird, uneven skintone. But boy, was I wrong. For about a year now, I find that I'm very drawn to bold and bright pink colors. Must be the subsconcious Barbie in me? Who knows.

Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Headturner is a flattering color that easily shows off your fun even flirty side even if you're not really that kind of gal during most days.  From Nicki Minaj to Emma Stone, it just shows ANYONE can pull off hot pink lips. I shouldn't be an exception because I think there's no hard or fast rule for wearing it.

Clearly among the 9 Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks that I have in my lipstick army as of this post, HEADTURNER truly is my color because it reflects my personality the most. Why? Since I am an only child, I guess you could say I'm used to being the center of attention and attention-seeking perhaps comes naturally to me, not that I am exactly proud of it. (You'd think maybe it's because I'm an Aries?) But TBH, I really don't mind being in the spotlight. Not all the time though, but if there's a ship heading to bathe in the limelight, you can be sure that I'll be on that voyage before you could say, "Aye, Aye! Captain!" Heck, I'll probably be in first class or have my own suite, too!

I think there's a deeper explanation for my attitude, although I'm not trying to justify anything from my childhood, okay? I would just like to state that while growing up, my teachers trained us to be competitive and to rise and be the cream of the crop. I succeeded in overcoming any ounce of stage fright and during my academic life, I remember being the EMCEE or Master of Ceremonies countless times. And now that I've mentioned it, please allow me to say that I am actually feeling proud of that because it is an accomplishment for me. I've realized there are many who do struggle to speak in front of a crowd and have their voices be heard. My loud, sometimes boisterous, voice probably contributes largely as to why I am able to turn heads.


To make the long the story short, the Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Headturner is obviously a shade that best describes my personality. Not just the name of it but because in reality, it does cause people to double take and ask what lipstick you're wearing! I've never come across a more moisturizing, long-wearing, and very affordable lipstick that lives up to its name.

So for those of you who want to step outside your boundaries and try what it is like to be the center of attention (even if that's not your regular thing!), you can forego all other makeup and just swipe this hot pink shade on your lips and get ready to turn heads.

Depending on your lighting and camera settings, the color can turn into a lovely magenta.
And while we're at it, I have a few tips for ladies who are still wary of sporting this show-stopping pink color.
  • As I mentioned above, go easy on your eye makeup if you want to wear the Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Headturner during the day. You can just simply line your eyes and skip the eyeshadow.
  • You might want to skip the blush as well when wearing bright or hot pink lips. I recommend just a bit of highlighter and don't be heavy-handed. Contour, if you must. I know I do!
  • Because summer is upon us, you have every excuse to wear this shade. Tee hee! 
  • #YOLO! While you can, wear pink lipstick! Don't wait 'til you're 90 years old staring out the window on your wheelchair watching fun, fearless females with their bright pink lips and wonder why you never did it. Wouldn't you be the groovy lola when you show a #selfie to your grandkids wearing the Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Headturner and rocking it?
  • Wear it and forget it! Do not be concious and don't worry about it. I found out that the Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks give you 4-5 hours of wear time until you may need to re-apply but even if you don't, the wax may fade but it leaves a lovely stain on the lips. That's why I heart it a lot!!!
You can buy Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks from your Tupperware dealer for only Php 350.00 or you can just grab it from Sample Room for FREE! Hurry! Before supplies run out!


Please watch this short video I made for my Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Headturner review.

Do subscribe to my YT channel at http://youtube.com/mymaria


Thanks a lot for reading and stay tuned for more beauty reviews and my upcoming annual Summer & Birthday Giveaway! 'Til then...  Mwah!



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images