April 2014 BDJ BOX Pixy Exclusive 7-day Day Challenge + Mini Reviews

Wednesday, May 07, 2014


The April BDJBOX is anything but ordinary. Another exclusive box and this time it's packed with Indonesian-based cosmetics line named Pixy, offering products formulated using the best Japanese technology and ingredients. Their slogan, "TRULY ASIAN BEAUTY", implies of beauty which is revealed via healthy, clean, soft, and bright skin that embodies a truly Asian beauty.

It is summer season here in the Philippines which means the heat wave is no laughing matter. Wearing layers of makeup is not recommended and so I put Pixy products to the test in this crazy weather to see how they fare.

DAY 1.

Tried the Pixy Ultimate Makeup cake today. I got the Natural Buff shade and I swatched it beside my MAC studio fix powder plus foundation in NC30 for comparison. It did a great job at eliminating shine! How I used it? I sprayed some water on a flat kabuki brush and picked up some of the product to buff it on my face. It's medium coverage is buildable without looking cakey... So naturally I loved using it on my face as it did an awesome job with covering up flaws and giving me smoother looking skin! Went out for errands under the 34-degree heat of the sun which actually felt like 46 degrees even in the shade. ☀️ I had to blot my face after 2 hours. ☺️ My FOTD also included Pixy Colors of Delight blush-on in Brown Tea and Silky Fit Lasting Matte lipstick in Earthy Beige.


DAY 2.

I found the perfect blush for summer! It's Pixy Colors of Delight blush-on in Brown Tea! As you can see when compared to my other favorite blushes, it's darker and can even be used as a bronzer/contour. It's not totally matte, although there's just a hint of shimmer which is not overwhelming nor really obvious. It looks a bit orange when swatched on my hand but on my face it blends pretty well giving me a natural flush on the cheeks. ☺️ I'm not at all a fan of brushes that come with most makeup and cosmetics so when applying this blush, I use an angled contour brush to get the product exactly where I want them on my cheeks. This Pixy blush comes In a very handy compact case with no mirror; however, the inside case has a reflective material where you can see your reflection. Very nice product!

DAY 3.

Torn between a matte and a satin lipstick? Here you go! This is Pixy Colors of Delight Silky Fit semi matte lipstick in Haruka (220). For me, this is great for casual everyday wear without looking too made up... you know, "Simply Pretty" ☺️ This pink lippie is hydrating thanks to the Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E in it. It also smells rather delicious and sweet!

DAY 4.

For a sheer lipstick with good color pay-off, this Pixy Silky Fit satin lipstick gets the job right. The Colors of Delight Silky Fit lippie in Pinkish Peach is such a lovely shade. In spite of its name, for me I think it's more of a peachy coral than pink which is also great for daily wear and different skintones especially if you wanna brighten up your smile and spread happiness. Easy to pull off a fresh look during these hot summer days with this girly hue from a creamy and hydrating lipstick!  Nice one, Pixy!

DAY 5.

The 3rd lipstick is the Colors of Delight Silky Fit Matte lippie in Earthy Beige. I must say that among the 3 ones I've tried, this is my favorite! Why? Because it's Matte but it's not drying at all! Can u believe that? And it's pigmented and long-wearing too! It's such a dream to apply and it doesn't even tug on my dry lips. Ah basta! I am in love with this lipstick and the color is absolutely the exact shade of nude that I love to wear on a daily basis or paired with smokey eyes! Just like MAC Freckletone!

DAY 6.


This Pixy Volumizing Waterproof mascara  is not to be underestimated! Come on, look at that! That's one picture that paints a thousand words. It's amazing what a few swipes of mascara can do! Volumizing indeed! My naturally straight and sparse lashes look waaaay much better! It also instantly brightened my peepers and as you can see I'm not wearing eyeliner but my eyes look larger! Wowwwwzaaa!!! I did curl my lashes before applying the mascara, if you must know. Although I don't really like the brush wand coz it's stiff and there's a certain smell to the product... Ummm like newly Xeroxed copies... But with the end result, I can see past all that. ☺️

DAY 7.

Been using this UV Whitening 2-way cake for a week and it's amazing how perfect my base makeup looks! I don't think I'll ever need anything else. There's 2 kinds -- Perfect Fit for dry/normal skin which contains Squalane oil + SPF 15 and Perfect Matte for oily/troubled skin which is anti-bacterial, non-comedogenic and oil-free which contains natural Kenzo extract from Japan. I use the latter and it is really long lasting and I get a shine-free face for 4 hours! Very impressive in this 32 to 34-degree summer heat! The Honey Beige shade blended perfectly on my face and I feel like a print ad model! Hahahaha! You really gotta try it! But mind you, it has quite a strong scent to it. Upon application it smells like Opium (not the drug, okay? I meant the YSL perfume!) or locally, Avon's Imari line comes to mind. It's that powerful. I swore I could have fainted on the spot when I took a whiff but like a curious little cat that I am, I went ahead and used the Perfect Matte. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE! This powder/foundation is amazeballs! I handed the other one (Perfect Fit) to my mom as she has mature skin and she could certainly use it to prevent dry skin and sun protection. Pixy offers very good shades to complement our Asian skin and it's fairly affordable too! I am in love!!!

PRESS PLAY! 
Beauty blossoms with Pixy! Check them out on Facebook and Twitter.
#bdjbox #bdjbox7day

I am very excited that Pixy has come to the Philippines and it should be available in your favorite drugstore chain soon! *wink* Stand by for their announcement on where to purchase these awesome Pixy products. I highly recommend it for Filipinas looking for budget beauty that is not only friendly to the wallet but most of all to our Asian skin. 

Here's a price list of their products:
  • UV Whitening Two-Way Cake Perfect Fit Compact, 12.2 g - Php 275
  • UV Whitening Two-Way Cake Perfect Matte Refill 12 g- Php 145
  • Ultimate Makeup Cake 12.5 - Php 445
  • Colors of Delight Blush-on 3.5 g - Php 285
  • Colors of Delight Lipstick Silky Fit Semi-matte 3.8 g - Php 265
  • Colors of Delight Lipstick Silky Fit Lasting Matte 3.8 g - Php 325
  • Colors of Delight Lipstick Silky Fit Satin Lipstick 3.8 g - Php 245
  • Colors of Delight Eyeliner Pencil 1.14 g - Php 265
  • Colors of Delight Waterproof Volumizing Mascara 9 mL - Php 295


Thank you, BDJ BOX, for introducing me to Pixy!



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images