BDJ Box Elite: Be Your Own Heroine + Heroine Make Review and #FOTD

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Exclusive Heroine Make BDJ BOX Elite is this year's first Elite box being offered by the awesome beauty box subscription company, BDJ Box. There is a total of six boxes you can choose from but I opted for the SWEET MEDIUM box containing the following products:


- Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara #02
- Heavy Rotation Jewel Eyeliner #02
- Heroine Make Quick Eyebrow #03
- Heroine Make Protect UV Mineral BB Cream #02
- Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder Clear #02
- Sun Killer Perfect Strong Plus
- Heroine Make Impact Eyelash #10
- Heroine Make Eyelash Fixer

That's eight (8) full-sized budge-proof makeup products worth a total of Php 3,860 and you can get it for just Php 1,480 from BDJ Box! You save Php 2,380!

Now let's take a look at these babies one by one. But first, let me just say that I had no idea about this brand Heroine Make (Kiss Me or Isehan Kiss Me) until I saw the poster of Himeko Elizabeth (Princess Elizabeth) and her cat, Sliphead. At first glance I thought I was looking at an anime series being promoted but then I found out that it's a Japanese cosmetic line! OMG! Could it get any better? YES! Because the products are really good and I'm not saying that because I'm partial to anything Japanese. You'll have to check it out for yourself if you don't take my word for it. Though I should say this right off the bat that I am pretty impressed at how these products perform.

 
Even their packaging is so kawaii! Some might not be too happy but I for one am extremely delighted just looking at the packaging. I mean, the Japanese are pretty cool like that.  (。◕‿◕。)


Sun Killer Perfect Strong Plus - 0.7 g, Php 345

Face sunblocks tend to break me out so I don't really use them unless I have to, like when I'm subjected to sun exposure for a prolonged period. But when comparing this to my Belo Sun Expert Face Cover SPF40, I am loving the Heroine Make Sun Killer Perfect Strong Plus SPF 50+ because it feels like a light moisturizer that dries up to a non-sticky finish. They have another facial sublock which has a menthol one and I think I'd love that even more. Must check that out, too.


Heroine Make Protect UV Mineral BB Cream #02 - 6 g, PhP 595

For a BB cream, this one certainly delivers! Instant brightening effect, although even the shade #02 seems pretty light on my face. It also acts like a primer because it hides pores! It did blend into my skin and applying powder was so much easier afterwards and also I didn't even have to use a lot. It's fairly affordable, too! It's got SPF 50 so expect to get a white cast on your face when you use flash photography. For daytime use, I'd say this is a product you should check out.


Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder Clear #02 - 8 g, Php 695

If you don't like wearing foundation, then this powder is your best bet. Why? Because it makes skin look super flawless! I haven't tried any powder that worked as good as this and kept my face matte and shine-free. It's a bit expensive for a powder but for me it's worth every centavo. I love the powder puff because it's so fluffy and it's such a joy to pat the powder on your face with to make sure the product is absorbed.


Heroine Make Quick Eyebrow #03 - 0.7 g, Php 345

Ever since I discovered brow gels and powders last year, I haven't been using a pencil to draw and fill in my brows. But the super fine 1.5 mm diameter tip is making me think again. It's so easy to draw natural-looking brows with it and this color #03 (light brown) matched my hair color perfectly. This was basically the reason why I just had to get the Sweet Medium box because I figured the color of the eyebrow pencil will be absolutely gorgeous. 



Heavy Rotation Jewel Eyeliner #02 - 3 mL, Php 595

To be honest, liquid eyeliners scare me. I can't even get my Lancome Artliner to work properly on my eyes. When I saw that this eyeliner's brush was super thin, I realized it shouldn't at all be difficult. I'm used to lining my eyes now with gel liner and the consistency of this product is somewhat thick and not "wet" that it's pretty easy to apply and line my eyes. It looks really natural with a touch of shimmer, great for casual days and when you just want to dress up those peepers but want to skip eyeshadows. It also stays put once it has dried so no worries about panda eyes.


Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara #02 - 6 g, Php 595

The most raved product of all and I can see why. I love my Fairy Drops Platinum mascara to death and this performs just as good. You see I have short lashes and it takes extra to get them to stay curled. This product is HG! I love the consistency of the mascara because it keeps my lashes volumized and curled as promised. The brush is unique so clumping is avoided and it allows you to get into those tiny corners and great for bottom lashes. This is why I love Asian products because they cater to my needs and this particular mascara is pretty awesome. Definitely worth all the hype and pretty affordable, too!


Heroine Make Impact Eyelash #10 - Php 345

It's been a long time since I've worn false lashes. I just don't have the time to put them on really but when I do, I tend to choose lashes that aren't too flashy and looks natural, just like the ones I got. If I wanted long and curled lashes, this is the way I want them to be like.


Heroine Make Eyelash Fixer - 5 mL, Php 345

Because it comes with a brush I find it so much easier to apply glue on false eyelashes. I used those tube types before and I always make a mess with them especially when I'm in a hurry but with this wand, I can control the amount of glue I put on the lashes. The product's consistency is somewhat wet so it takes time to dry but not really long. It's just a bit longer than those stickier types of glue from tubes.

After 5 hours, mascara, eyeliner, and eyebrow still intact!
(✿◠‿◠) So in a nutshell, I'm loving these products because these are meant to be sweat and sebum resistant, budge proof, if not totally waterproof. The humid weather here definitely is something to consider when buying makeup so I definitely recommend Heroine Make if you want long-lasting makeup.


Do you want to see how I use these products LIVE? Then please watch my YouTube video below or click here: http://youtu.be/03QY50k9HA8


Additional products used in the video:
- Naturactor Cover Face 171 & 151 as concealer (Check out my How to Cover & Conceal - Acne/Pimples - with Naturactor video at http://youtu.be/buCfnp-_wrg)
- Benefit Hoola bronzer and Lollitint
- Canmake powder blush
- Vanilla Eyes Philippines Moss Gray Circle Lens
- Makeup Brushes from Beauty Cosmetics and Real Techniques
- Generic blonde wig from the department store
 
Be Your Own Heroine!

Thanks for reading my blog and please do let me know what other products you want to see me do a review on as well as any videos you'd like to see in the future. Your comments are valuable as it motivates me to do better and improve my craft.

Until then!


TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images