Sweet Shoppe: November 2014 BDJ Box 7-Day Challenge

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

If there's one makeup brand I just can't seem to get enough of, it's Benefit. Aside from the cute packaging, the actual products are actually worth the price. I know it's not the most affordable one and that's why samples really come in handy, not just for travel purposes, but so that you can test it and only then decide to make a splurge. This is the very reason I was ecstatic to find out that my monthly beauty box subscription for November from BDJ BOX was another Benefit exclusive! Remember my March and June boxes?


Well, it was a sweet November indeed because I got the Sweet Shoppe November BDJ Box containing 9 different products for me to try.


I accepted the 7-day challenge immediately, because why not, chocnut? And without further ado, here you go.



DAY 1.  POREFESSIONAL PRO BALM. I have been using this primer ever since I got one in March. It smells like grapefruit to me which is pretty invigorating because it's the first thing I put on face during my makeup routine. Well, right after toning and moisturizing, of course. The most important thing to consider if you want your makeup to last is to have a really good base. The Porefessional Pro Balm never fails to get my face primed and ready for makeup as it minimizes the appearance of pores significantly. It is effective at making makeup application easier because it glides on the skin rather than tug it as well as make it last longer. For someone whose combination/oily skin is the bane of her existence, since I've tried this now I don't know how I can live without it.



DAY 2.  BIG EASY COMPLEXION PERFECTOR. This cream to powder foundation is one that agrees with my combination/oily/troubled skin. It doesn't break me out and works both in balancing moisturize and controlling oil on my face. It does have a light to medium coverage though but still manages to blur out minor blemishes. I am truly amazed at its ability to adjust to my skintone! I mean I had the 03 which I thought was okay for my skintone but when I tried the darker 05 shade, it still managed to even out my color! Wow! I reckon I'm probably an 04 considering that it's the middle ground. It also has SPF 35 which makes it very ideal for those quick errands during the day.



DAY 3.  FAKEUP HYDRATING CONCEALER. Sharing with you my under eye concealing technique using Fakeup in Medium. I find that the best method to conceal is using the triangle technique versus just dotting around your dark circles. And then you just blend it all out and it automatically highlights your face giving you an instant anti-panda makeover! Pretty cool, huh? The best thing about this concealer is the formulation which has Vitamin E and apple seed extract that does not emphasize the lines under my eyes. It actually makes me look refreshed and awake!





DAY 4. THEY'RE REAL PUSH-UP LINER. The eyeliner is for keeps! Very handy during travels if you want to use a gel liner but don't need the bulk of a pot plus a brush for application. This does the job perfectly and is as waterproof as can be! No worries about smudges and smearing! For this quick and easy winged eyeliner style, They're Real Push-Up Liner gets the job done in just a few seconds. Although I have to admit that it's a bit tricky to get the product flow going but once it does, you get a delightful combination of pencil slash gel liner consistency that glides ever so smoothly creating perfect lines. The tip of the liner is flexible enough to create many different styles from thick to thin lines. And since it's in a pencil form, you can grip this baby steadily and surely! Lining eyes has never been easier. The formula is waterproof and lasts all day as per experience. For me to take it off, I needed a good cleansing oil to remove it completely. You can also use a makeup remover that's made for the eyes so that you won't end up with red irritated peepers.


DAY 5.  LOLLITINT LIP & CHEEK STAIN.  It's a 2-in-1 product! You get a lovely candy-orchid cheek tint AND a lip tint. I don't use cheek tints much since I use concealers and a powder foundation. It tends to move my base makeup and quite tough to blend. But for those who manage to get it to work on their cheeks, it gives a bright pop of cheery flush. Very pretty indeed! Suited for light to fair skintones. Now as a lip tint, I find it great to wear alone and even better to put on before any lipstick because even when your lipstick fades away or is gone by the end of the day, you have just the right amount of lavender-pink color on your lips due of the stain left by the lip tint.



DAY 6.  HIGH BEAM COMPLEXION ENHANCER.  Actually, it's a highlighter. And it's not the one you use on books when you study! Tee hee. I use highlighter especially on days when I need to glow, you know. Not like a flashing neon sign but more like an extra shimmer of light. I apply it on under the brow arch, on the bridge of the nose, on top of cheeks, and above the Cupid's bow. You see, it's the little things that count indeed! And nothing like makeup to brighten up an otherwise gloomy day.


DAY 7.  BATHINA BODY MIST.  It was right before Ruby hit us when I tried this product. I had just taken a long shower and scrubbed my skin like there was no tomorrow because I felt like I needed to de-stress from all the packing and cleaning, you know, disaster preparedness and all that storm preparations. Surprisingly, the Bathina "all over me" body mist in Just Confess, You're Obsessed has a tempting fragrance with notes of bright golden peach and sun-kissed Sicilian lemon, a tumble of white blossoms, and a lingering hint of velvet plum. It's so flirty, I swear. It almost felt inappropriate getting all hot and bothered the night before the forecasted supertyphoon hit us. But one thing's for sure, it made me relax and I felt that no storm was ever gonna bring my spirit down.

Time and again, Benefit's got me hooked. The more I try their products, the more I understand the BENEFESTO.


Like I said, I just can't get enough of Benefit and I'm crossing my fingers there will be more Benefit exclusive boxes from BDJ BOX this coming 2015. So if you want to get your hands on goodies like these, better subscribe now because they get sold out pretty fast. Visit www.bdjbox.com to know more about monthly beauty box subscriptions.


Press PLAY ▶️ #bdjbox7day completed!

Facebook: 
BDJ Box - https://www.facebook.com/bdjbox
Benefit Philippines - https://www.facebook.com/benefitcosmeticsphilippines

Twitter:
BDJ Box - https://twitter.com/BDJBox
Benefit Philippines - https://twitter.com/BenefitBeautyPH

Instagram:
BDJ Box - http://instagram.com/BDJBox
Benefit Philippines -  http://instagram.com/BenefitBeautyPH



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images