Review: Olay Aquaction Long Lasting Hydration Gel and Softening Sleeping Mask

Monday, March 02, 2015

I'm not gonna lie to you, but there's a reason why it takes almost forever for me to write product reviews. Basically, it's because I want to test the products I'm using fully out in order for me to write what I think about them. I'm not doing this only for myself but also for my friends, family, and blog readers who just might find these products beneficial in their lives. Honestly, I read blog reviews about products first before I splurge on them. After all, this is hard-earned money that I don't want to just flush down the toilet, if you get my drift. I may be blessed, but I am sure as heck not rich. And oftentimes, if not always, I have to pay a high price for vanity.

I have to admit though that I am vain. I've always been and I'm guessing I'll always be. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing, as long as I'm not committing any crimes. Suffice it to say, my vanity has actually opened a lot of doors and opportunities for me especially as a writer and a beauty enthusiast.

Having said that, let's move on to the topic of today's blog post. I'm reviewing a wonderful product that I've been using for more than 2-1/2 months already and I'm halfway through emptying it so I think it's time for me to say what I have to say about it.



May I present to you... OLAY AQUACTION.

I got the Olay Aquaction Long Lasting Hydration Gel and Softening Sleeping Mask last December from Sample Room. You know, ever since I've tried gel moisturizers, with the first one coming from Celeteque back in 2013, it was hard to go back to any other form of moisturizer.


Two years later, I'm still on the lookout for gel moisturizers because I find that it's awesome for my acne-prone skin and frankly speaking, it is a better option considering how humid it gets here with our crazy weather and tropical climate.


It was right before Typhoon Ruby when I first used the Olay Aquaction Long Lasting Hydration Gel, shortly followed by a nightly regimen of applying the Olay Aquaction Softening Sleeping Mask. All this time, with the temperature dropping so low at night and scorching by daytime, I've never had any major breakouts and my skin even looks so much better. I mean, if you're following me you may have seen me at my worst and right now, obviously my face is almost like what it was before my hormones went haywire.



Let's talk some more about gel moisturizers. Based on my experience, gel moisturizers get absorbed faster on my skin. It is not sticky and feels very lightweight. I have a habit of waiting XX minutes after putting on my moisturizer before applying makeup and then when I do, I sometimes wonder if I already did put on any because it feels like I haven't! This holds especially true with using Olay Aquaction Long Lasting Hydration Gel.

The product claims to hydrate skin with just one application and continuously moisturize it for up to 24 hours. It aims to recover skin moisture 2x faster and increase skin moisture by 170% in just 30 minutes. Is that right? Well, after using it for almost 3 months now, I can say that as a gel moisturizer, it performs extremely well. Pretty much true to their word! And what's more? I seem to have better oil control on my face now. You know they say even if you have oily skin, you'll still need to use moisturizer. I cannot recommend this enough if you are looking for a moisturizer meant for oily skin. It also smells clean and fresh. At 50g, I'm estimating it would take 6 months for me to clean out the entire jar. You know what? I think I may just stop looking for any more gel moisturizers and use this one for the rest of my life! Tee hee. :)
So what about the Olay Aquaction Softening Sleeping Mask? It claims to give intensive hydration all night so you can wake up to 400% better hydrated skin. It can also effectively control skin oils to help achieve water-oil balance and bouncy hydration. Well, there you have it! No wonder I have better oil control! Perhaps it is because it works in tandem with the Olay Aquaction Long Lasting Hydration Gel. These two have a synergistic effect on my skin which has clearly improved a lot.


As a night cream (term being used loosely), the Olay Aquaction Softening Sleeping Mask also gets absorbed quickly like the gel moisturizer and does not feel sticky at all. No stains on the pillows and sheets which makes it very ideal if you have a partner who is finicky with things like that. Since our room temperature is turned up cooler than I would have liked, the product really helps keep my skin hydrated throughout the night.
If you're now asking if using only one of these products would yield the same successful effect as it did to me, well, I can't say for certain. You could try, but if I were to give an advice, I would definitely recommend getting BOTH.  Aside from the fact that they are both sold in a bundle, which means you can get it with huge discount (Watsons sells it bundled for just PHP 859.00), I think using products of the same brand/maker surely is more advantageous, as in the case of shampoos and conditioners. You dig?

Alrighty then, that's it for my review of the Olay Aquaction Long Lasting Hydration Gel and Softening Sleeping Mask. Tried and tested by yours truly, I give both of them my two thumbs up!


Until my next blog post, thanks for reading and hope this helps you one way or another. Bye for now!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images