Killing me softly.

Friday, October 26, 2007

No, no, no, not the song! Today, I totally forgot about lunch. I had my meal prepared at the table by 11:50 AM but I completely lost it. Not my appetite exactly, but since I was trying to finish work early, I was practically glued to the computer. At some point, I managed to grab a bottle of water and even drink my vitamins. I really thought I had lunch already! So, around 3:30 PM, I stopped beating the life out of my dirty keyboard and strangely thought that I was missing something. I turned to Jake, who was playing his Adventure Quest game beside me at my laptop, and asked him if I had eaten. Ha! This 9-year-old kid stared at me like I was this villanous giant clam/oyster he was battling against and snickered, then looked at the table where my almost 4-hour-old cold meal was at. Shish! And I was totally saving up energy by insisting on not using the microwave… but alas! Tina, my talking tummy, had BORBORYGMUS written all over it. No wonder something was amiss… but the weird thing was… I wasn’t really hungry. But I had enough sense to grab a bite, however late it was. Why? Because I had this mental picture that looked like this:
http://www.sixwise.com/images/articles/2005/08/03/anorexia.jpg
That’s some scary shit! Some people think anorexia is funny.. Tsk tsk tsk.
http://commercial-archive.com/d138bfd7bb6f0663dcc71c6b82557c00/2007/febjpgs/anorexia.jpg
That’s really scary.



Thinspiration, anyone? No, thanks!!!

//photos-674.friendster.com/e1/photos/47/67/3737674/1_372588227m.jpg”  cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
What’s that?
Look at my arm… I have a body of an 11-year-old!
Enough of this already. Time check: 6:58 PM. Dinner is served.

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images