To Blog or Not To Blog?

Sunday, November 16, 2008


That's no question! What's in a blog anyway? I'll tell you what... I'm speaking for myself here when I say I blog because writing is my passion. Since I was 15, I found my love for words. What a feeling it is when I am putting my thoughts into words. I have a blog because it is my journal -- to keep track of my life and maybe assess where I am and what I have become. I'd like to think of it as a public diary. I have countless diaries in my room and as I scan through the pages, it's like watching my life go by... so my blog is mine. But I don't mind people reading about my life anyway, because ever since then my life has been an open book. I don't keep secrets. I don't like secrets. So goodbye diaries... Hello blog! :)

I'm thankful for my friends, my readers, my audience for faithfully visiting my blog sites every now and then. After all, what's writing when no one enjoys it? It's an art after all. I am also grateful for the support and the comments because it makes me feel not alone. Some have written to me personally telling me I have somehow reached out to them, that i wrote what they've been wanting to express for so long, that I am not alone and showing me love and appreciation for the blogs. Thank you, everyone.

I have had so many blogs/journals online. Only 3 actually exist now. No more LiveJournal, no more Xanga, no more MySpace blogs... (Should you find those, I think some of the entries from waaayy back are still around.) What's left are my cross-post blogs from Multiply to Blogspot and my Friendster blog. All containing the same entries as of recent... So take your pick.

It just dawned upon me that I've been around Multiply for 3 years. I joined sometime early November 2005. And since then, I guess a lot of people have visited this site.

My homepage shows me this information:



17,195 times! By 2,514 people!

And my blog page reports:



Hmmm... 3,376 times... 1,607 readers... Not bad.

What is happening now is that my blog, if not at all sounding too dramatic, is meant to entertain. It's turning into a photoblog which I really love doing in my spare time because you guys know what a camwhore I am... and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm just a little worried that sometimes what I am writing could be misinterpreted because different people have different levels of comprehension. So yeah, I guess it's the risk I have to take when I open my mouth, or in this case, letting my fingers do the talking.

I know some blogs earn money. Mine doesn't. I wouldn't mind if it did BUT I'm not in it for the money. I just write. ^_^ And I do have a life, contrary to others saying that bloggers don't have real lives. Excusez-moi?

Like right now, I'm gonna end this entry quick because my manicurista is here already and I gotta get these nails prettified. Hehe. So vain, huh? But that's just me being me. =P

Have a good Sunday, everyone!



⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ 陳美西

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. hi! nice blog. and nice post-->to blog or not to blog.
    same here, been addicted to blogging for several reasons. haha. and nice stats u got. haha. a thousand readers in multiply? that's a really wow! haha ^^

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images