Sony Cybershot T700: Expecting the Unexpected

Saturday, November 08, 2008

If you're bored and got nothing else better to do than bloghop, well, you're in luck because tonight I'm doing a review. I was a little confused where to place this Multiply entry -- in the Reviews section or my Blog. But what the heck? I'm blogging anyway.

I should be somewhere else right now. In fact, I should be partying the night away downing all you can drink Tequila at my niece's debut in Cebu but the forces of nature are soooo cruel. Thus, I am stuck here in Ormoc because as much as I would want the fastcraft ferries to take me to the next island, alas, nothing can't be done. Now I wish I have superpowers so I can fly... or maybe have that "lana" of the aswang. Whatever.

Enough of that now, here's the real story. Back in late September/early October, I was feeling the charming mixture of glum and glee. I was happy about my savings but I was having a dilemma looking at my list of Things I Don't REALLY Need But REALLY Want To Buy:



It was funny because I group SMS’d some of my friends and 6 of them replied I should get a laptop; 3 of them said I should just save my money. *sigh* Come to think of it. I don’t need any of them actually. The Material Girl in me is such a bitch.

So then, a month later (approximately 5 days ago), I was browsing online and checking my emails before I started working and chanced upon Sony's website. Somewhere along the endless clicking of the mouse, I saw the T700 Cybershot model from Sony.



And just then, I fell in love with it <3. I got so attracted by its features even though I swore never again to purchase anymore Cybershots since my last one died on me. Actually, it was my fault that I got it all drenched when my water bottle decided to flood my bag with ice cold H2O. But it was more distressing back in 2005 when the Sony Service Center said it would cost me a whooping 17K to get it fixed. So I bid adieu to Sony then.

Anyways, here's a quick history of the digital cameras I've had in the past:

  1. Kodak DC3200
  2. Sony DSC-U20
  3. Panasonic D-Snap SV-AV50S
  4. Sony DSC-L1
  5. Casio EX-Z60
  6. Casio EX-S880
  7. Nikon D40x DSLR
So much for that, let's fast forward to the present. Since I've had some experience with various digital cameras over the years, I still didn't find one that really dazzled me. Even my DSLR doesn't quite astound me. Well, it did at first but still, my kikayness wasn't that impressed. But here comes the T700 and I was at a loss for words.

Wait, have you seen the T700 yet???





So pretty!!! And check out these amazing features:

• 10.1 effective megapixels
• 4GB internal memory, stores up to 40,000 photos
• Extra-large 3.5” touchscreen LCD (like the I-phone!)
• Just 16.4mm slim (15.2mm at thinnest point)
• Slim, beautiful design with choice of five fashion colours
• Powerful album functions to store, organise and share your photos PLUS a built-in editor that really makes the photos interesting... and you know, I like doodling my photos ;)
• Smile Shutter automatically captures smiling faces
• Beautiful portraits with Face Detection and Anti-blink technology
• Easy web upload for sharing images on social networking sites

I couldn't get enough of it (yet!) but I knew I just got to have my hands on it. So goodbye to my dilemma and shoutouts to Kim (of KimStore) for being my fairy godmother or should I say my Santa Claus for the early Xmas gift!





Yep, I got the red/rouge alright. It's soooo HOT I tell you... And check out these initial test shots.



Quite the SLR effect, huh!? Yup! Yup! Yup!



Camwhoring at its vain-gloriest! (Wait, is that even a word?) ^_^ I'm just so happy!!! Obviously...



And yeah, so you noticed, I changed tee-shirts... Tee hee :) See how vibrant the colors are!?!?

 

Love love love... <3>

Even the night shots are really cool. If you noticed, regular digital cams when used with flash at night, your background tends to get so dark, you don't see what's behind you anymore.



But that's a thing of the past now! See??? And apparently, the photo editor comes really handy! ;) The doodling is my ultimate favorite thing to do with the cam. 
Also, when night shots are activated, it takes double shots as per Anti-blink feature. Cool, huh? No more accidental blinking!

And now, I've also got a big reason to smile!



If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! :) So what are you waiting for? Go get yourself a Sony Cybershot T700! :)

Note: This isn't a paid advertisement, okay? I'm just really ecstatic with my new baby... I call her, Shanti.

That's all folks!

⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ 陳美西

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. hi! i have one too. how much did you buy it? i bought mine in Singapore for just 17,000 pesos or($300) tax included. i saw one in sony store here for effing 30,000 pesos. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria,
    i wished to thank u because thanx to u i'm now the very happy owner of a Sony T700 :D
    I was hesitant about whether to buy this or not, i googled "cybershot t700 red" (coz it is so hot in this color!), and found your enthusiastic review that convinced me. I just luuuv it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The T700 is a good cam.. I won't say the best (yet!) because technology is really something these days..

    but you know what I think would make the ultimate cam... The T700 plus WIFI in it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images