LUNAR ECLIPSE 02/09/09!!! Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Konnichiwa!


Last night, I decided to resume watching my Sailor Moon Stars (Season 5) DVD and a few minutes into watching the episodes, my dad told me the exciting news. He said, "Naa'y lunar eclipse karon gabie!" (There's a lunar eclipse tonight!)

WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! Hmmm... Are the people of the White Moon trying to tell me something? HAHA!

sailormoon and sailor scouts

So in between each episodes, I kept going up and down our 2nd floor terrace to check on the moon. Whew! I think I burned a lot of calories there! Well, maybe I was secretly hoping to see Queen Serenity or Sailor Moon herself? LOL! =^_^=

sailormoon as princess serenity

So anyways, I didn't catch the lunar eclipse. Hehe. But I still managed to take some shots at the start. They aren't the best but these will do. I guess.



The Sailor Moon episodes got me too preoccupied. ^_^ Damn anime babes!



The penumbral lunar eclipse on February 9, 2009 is not the only eclipse to occur during the year. The list of eclipses for 2009 includes:

  • An annular solar eclipse on January 26.
  • A penumbral lunar eclipse on February 9.
  • A penumbral lunar eclipse on July 7.
  • A total solar eclipse on July 22.
  • A penumbral lunar eclipse on August 6.
  • A partial lunar eclipse on December 31.

This illustration shows the penumbral lunar eclipse on February 9, 2009. It is fairly close to scale and illustrates how the moon passes through the penumbral portion of the earth’s shadow. Source: http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar-eclipse-february-2009.html

Well, I think I'm better off dreaming about my Tuxedo Mask/Prince Endymion than taking pictures of eclipses anyway.



So how about you, guys? Did you have any luck with the
月食 Gesshoku (lunar eclipse)?

⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ ia\m/^_^\m/ai 陳美西


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. :) i once loved sailor moon too maria ^_^ they're too attractive in my eyes..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images