I'm Not Short, I'm Just Fun Size!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updates guys... but I have great news to report to you!!! Well, most of you probably know it already because I can't help but tweet it and/or post to my Facebook status about it. Barely a month since I started watching my weight and trying to suppress my appetite, I finally lost 8 pounds! WOOT!


I can wear my 4-year-old T-shirt comfortably now. ^_^

Today's weight loss tip: Use superglue as lip gloss! ;) Tee hee.

And while I didn't know I was losing weight already, I was getting paranoid and all, so Plan B was to grow taller. HAHA! Not at my age because I just won't anymore but if I wasn't going to shed the extra weight I put on, I was determined to add a few inches to my diminutive height. You know, just to balance things out.

But, no experiments this time. I just needed NEW SHOES! Yes, I'm talking about HEELS, baby. If I have to wear platforms, then I will. So I went all impulsive and bought not just one but a couple of high heeled shoes/wedges. Ack! Must be the Imeldific syndrome again. ~_~

Okay, okay I'll show you what I got already.

MyMaria Basta Igat, Sikat!

MyMaria Basta Igat, Sikat!

MyMaria Basta Igat, Sikat!

MyMaria Basta Igat, Sikat!

I felt like walking on stilts when I tried them on. But some things must be dealt with. I have no problems wearing heels though. I'm a natural. LOL! My cousins tease me all the time because when I first started walking as a lil kid, I couldn't plant my foot flat on the floor. They said I tiptoed almost all the time.

MyMaria Basta Igat, Sikat!

And even now, sometimes I still do that... especially when I'm walking on barefoot. I do tiptoe on bare feet. So...

When I paraded around the house showing off my newest harvats to Noodle Boy, he knew better than to criticize or complain about the shoes... instead, clever as he is, he asked, "So where are you going to wear them? And when?"

I paused in the middle of my ala catwalk stride and stood still, proud to be 5'6-1/2" tall and only 4-1/2 inches short of Noodle Boy now. A moment of silence passed then I spoke... sheepishly, "Uhhh, to church.. on Saturdays or Sundays." And he was like giving me this smug look and not saying anything at all. I rolled my eyes, did the little turn on the catwalk thing, and stormed into my room knowing he was right.

Gosh. Where and when am I going to wear these oh so beautiful shoes?! I don't go to parties that require dressing up. I don't have a social life. Bottomline: These babies will be worn only during visits to the House of God.

Then an opportunity came around the corner. Yes, I am finally gonna be able to wear my new shoes! But alas, even the shoes could not make up for my unending remorse of not taking Cherifer, the growth-boosting vitamin, when I had the chance to.

And it's too late now... as evidenced in this photo taken during my oath-taking as Brgy. Dist. 19 Kagawad:

MyMaria Basta Igat, Sikat!

With the celebrity couple (our local version of Brangelina) -- Richard Gomez and, the most beautiful congresswoman ever, Lucy Torres-Gomez. My cousin commented that I looked like an all grown-up Juliana (the couple's daughter) beside the two. BUTANGE!

mymaria with lucy torres-gomez

So you see? No amount of platform shoes can do justice. I was even mistaken for a Brgy. SK Chairman quite a number of times! WTF?! I'm twenty-freaking-seven!!! I'm not 17!!!

Oh, by the way, Lucy has many exciting plans for the fourth district of Leyte with regards to Tourism. If you guys haven't been to Ormoc City, now is a great time to make plans to visit my good ol' hometown and explore the wonders of Leyte. I only wish I'd live to see us become officially part of WOW! Philippines awesome destinations in the country.

Anyways, I think the shoes help a bit. I just need to control myself from buying so much more, which I think will be quite the challenge now that I've started buying them again. The most number of shoes I accumulated was back in college when I had more or less 50 pairs of shoes -- sneakers, boots, sandals, wedges, heels, you name it, I had it. But currently, I have around half of that number nalang.

But since I've started working from home and giving up my social life, it's mostly just flip-flops for me. Although I have a strange feeling that it's gonna change soon. I do hope not. Because I might be dealing with insolvency in the near future.

In other news, last night's jackpot for the Grand Lotto 6/55 was P543,663,673.20. And I got only 3 of the winning number combination of 18-17-36-04-40-13. Had I won that... I probably won't be worrying about shoes anymore. Then again, a friend of mine told me last night that I had a good chance of getting hit by lightning than winning the lotto. ~_~

I also read that the PCSO Grand Lotto 6/55 Game has 28,989,675 6-number combinations. This means that a single 6-number combination has the probability of winning equivalent to 1 out of 28,989,675 or 0.0000000344950400444296 chance of winning. Such probability is obviously less than the probabilities of winning 6/49, 6/45 or 6/42 draws. Hence, the chance of winning Grand Lotto Draw is very very small. That is why the prize keeps on increasing and increasing because of very little possibility of winning.

If you would like to be 100% winner to this Grand Lotto, you need to spend 28,989,675 x P20 = Php 579,793,500.00. Still you will lose a few millions with respect to the possible night's prize of about Php535 million. The grand prize of this lotto draw is tax-free as amended by R.A. 1169. It implies that you need at least 2 more draws to have a profit of few millions because it is possible that the prize will reach more than Php600 million. But BEWARE because it is possible that you will NOT be the winner alone. (Source: www.allvoices.com)

I digress.

But honestly, who can resist these?



You tell me.


(yes, that's a MASSIVE upo I'm holding!)


xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. the power couple looking very regal! now to your shoes.. I envy you! the snake skin caught my eye! i wonder if they arent painful to wear? you crack me up all the time Mai!

    xoxo

    The ViXeN's LaiR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear... mabuang ko. NIndot ihilak!!! I was even mistaken for a Brgy. SK Chairman quite a number of times! WTF?! I'm twenty-freaking-seven!!! I'm not 17!!! ~_~ waaaaaaaaahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your posts Mai...you always have the greatest stories to tell...I love it!!!! and I can relate with the tiptoed kid hahahha...I was like that as well...oh again your blog title says it all (winks)

    looking good with those shoes...and I envy the blue wedges...grrr!!!

    Kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! very prettty/witty kagawad! i miss ormoc already!
    :) such a nice place! and hello to your killer heels! they're gorgeous! and who cares if your short? you're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blue wedges, wer u got them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geee.. ^_^ thanks for the lovely comments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soo love your posts MyMaria... I love the pictures and the stories. You have exceptional talent in writing and photography. Wow... I even bought myself a MacBook because of you. Weee... Post more blog soon, ok?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images