I'm still alive... and full of Christmas spirit!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I apologize for not updating this blog so much. My days are so hectic, not just because it's the Holidays, but because I've considered career changes as well as other things a girl has got to do to eat survive. Aside from all that, I also have a role to play in the community now...



O ha! Yes, I'm a full pledged Brgy. Councilor now and during our monthly session I was appointed as head of the Committee on Heath & Sanitation and Tourism for District 19. And for this month, I suggested that we put up a Christmas Belen if not a Village or just decorate our waiting shed just to show some Christmas spirit in spite of whatever crisis this third world country is facing right now.



It's not done yet. Will update blog or post pix when the Christmas tree is up. ;)

Anyways, speaking of Christmas trees, yesterday Cong. Lucy Torres-Gomez celebrated her birthday here in Ormoc. We attended the 6PM anticipated mass last night followed by the launch of the ★ LIGHT UP A STAR ★ fund-raising drive that my mom with her Ormoc Festival and Cultural Foundation group organized with the support of our lovely congresswoman.



Kris Aquino bought 36 stars! I bought just ONE! LOL! You can still buy your star(s) until Dec. 15. Just contact the Ormoc Festival and Cultural Foundation, shoot my mom an email at gtvmsv[at]gmail[dot]com, or contact Ms. Lalaine Marcos-Jimenea, editor-in-chief of EV MAIL.



Also let me take this opportunity to share with you this bit of good news!

"Cong. Lucy Torres-Gomez will be having a SURGICAL mission starting January 30, 2011. Fil-Am doctors will be in Ormoc to perform different surgical procedures for 5 days in both ODH and OSPA . They will do surgery to anybody who needs one, provided, they submit their Medical Abstract to our district office in Aviles St. no later than Jan. 15. We will transmit the medical abstract to the US doctors for evaluation so when they get here, they already have proper medicines for the patients."

So guys, if you know anyone who can benefit from this, tell them! ^_^

By the way, here's the video of the Christmas tree lighting for ★ LIGHT UP A STAR ★ and yes, there were FIREWORKS, too!!!



I guess that's all for now... In case you don't see updates in this blog, you can always try and check my RANTS & RAVES Tumblr blog. ;) I do my verbal diarrhea over there now.

Stay tuned! I'm still cooking up those entertaining posts for this blog to keep my readers amused/informed or whatever floats your boat. I just need to juggle my time effectively. Cut me some slack, I'm still so new to this very "busy life".

WOW! MyMaria is no longer a bum. *BOW*



xoxo,
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images