My Christmas Wish This Year: A NOKIA C7!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

So yesterday we checked out the new branch of a known cellular shop that opened recently at Brodeth One Stop Shop. As a gadget freak, it delights me that even a small town like Ormoc City is pretty much up-to-date with the latest in technology. Although prices may be a little bit higher than those you will find online or in major cities, it's still nice knowing that you can actually check out units before purchasing them.

Nokia C7
A research done by GFK Asia Pte. Ltd. in 2009 showed that Nokia is still the most preferred phone brand by Pinoys.

Some things never change. So many brands have entered the mobile phone market and obviously, they have made their way into our little town.

Nokia C7 Nokia C7

However, all these other phones could never come close to the one that started it all. In my case, I fell in love with Nokia at first sight... and that was years ago. Remember my first Nokia phone?



I think Nokia still has that power over me. I can feel it beckoning me. No matter how I try to entertain the new things, it seems like I always go back to THE ONE. If you've ever been love, then I think you know what I mean. *wink*

Nokia C7 review

Perhaps this is what Filipinos mean when they say, "Sa haba haba ng prusisyon sa simbahan din ang tuloy." Just like me and Noodle Boy. Tee hee!

Then I saw the Nokia C7. My heart started racing. I was getting butterflies in my stomach. I thought my cheeks started to feel warm. "What is this feeling?" I asked. "Could it be?" The salesguy told me I could check it out. I waited nervously, darting glances around, and sheepishly smiling at the people there who were probably wondering why I was feeling restless all of a sudden. Hindi mapakali. Dili mahimutang. Yup, that was it.

Nokia C7 features

Then it was right there in my hands!!! The handsome Nokia C7. I felt the cool and shiny metal battery cover and I had goosebumps! OMG. Its body was slim and felt good in my hands. Just right. I know for a fact that things aren't always what they seem. The exact measurements of the Nokia C7 are 117.3 x 56.8 x 10.5 mm (64cc) and 130 grams. It was very comfortable to hold and it wasn't even heavy!

Nokia C7

But you know what's heavy!? Its oh so fine FEATURES! People may think that the N8 is now the ultimate Nokia phone. But I beg to differ. The C7 has an 8MP fixed-focus camera and it's more than enough for a phone's camera. Heck, if you want something that takes amazing pictures, then buy a point and shoot digital camera! But more importantly, the C7 does offer HD video recording! It may not have the HDMI that people seem to be crazy about these days, but come on, people... pictures and videos from a phone is fine using a regular TV out function with stereo sound. The C7 has both and it's great! Bottomline: The price of the Nokia C7 can't be beat for what it has to offer.

IMHO, the features I love most about the C7 are the following:

  • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support and the penta-band 3G with 10.2 Mbps HSDPA and 2 Mbps HSUPA support.
  • It has a 3.5" 16M-color AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a 640 x 360 pixel resolution.
  • Its pretty sexy 10.5mm slim body.
  • The 8 megapixel fixed-focus camera with dual-LED flash PLUS the 720p video @ 25fps recording... and DivX and XviD video support!!!
  • It has the standard 3.5 mm audio jack! Skull candy headphones will be perfect with the C7.
  • It has Wi-Fi!!! (Who doesn't love that?)
  • Its fast 680 MHz ARM 11 CPU and 256 MB RAM.
  • The GPS receiver is a plus but I don't think it's much of any use to most people here especially in the province. Then there's the digital compass, built-in accelerometer, and proximity sensor. All great features for a phone quite honestly.
  • It comes with an 8GB on-board storage BUT take note, it is microSD expandable!!! LAHHHVEEET!
The phone has many, many features but those are the ones that really made me fall for it. Symbian^3 may be behind other phone operating systems but hey, everybody knows how to use Symbian and I bet even my mother will have no problem using this phone. BTW, it uses a 1200mAh Li-Ion battery (BL-5K) and based on personal experience with Nokia for the past decade, their battery life is amazing!!! I know most of you would approve and I'm sure everyone agrees that "it's not technology; it's what you do with it."

Nokia C7 review

It's very responsive to touch and the short time I got to hold it and caress it... Boy, was I on cloud 9! I mean, it's like... the perfect Nokia phone. Not the ultimate... but absofreakinglutely PERFECT!

That is why my Christmas Wish this year is A NOKIA C7! 

I already have a good idea what I'm going to use the phone for. Since it's basically got all the social networking apps I need, I'm going to make it the main business mobile phone for SALA Lounge + Café so I can update our Facebook and Twitter accounts faster and so much easier. It's hard enough to maintain personal accounts and business accounts all the time. I even use my personal postpaid line for business use! I should definitely have a separate number and phonebook for all my business contacts and customers. My current phonebook is about to explode! Sometimes I miss text messages from customers due to a FULL inbox and become unreachable, missing even more potential customers, because my battery gets drained so fast. ARGH! ~_~ Frankly speaking, I cannot afford a marketing manager for our small business so I need something that can act as a marketing manager (minus the compensation).

The Nokia C7 fits the position perfectly and I intend to dedicate it for business use but not looking too business-ey because seriously, my character and personality is not that of a business type. However, I do acknowledge my responsibilities as a young adult and since I'm not getting any younger, I guess a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. I can't be dancing on rainbows and pooping butterflies all the time.

Can you imagine what the Nokia C7 can do to make things so much easier?! I can check emails anytime, I don't have to worry about space for messages and contacts, I can run my business and have fun at the same time using this gadget, and best of all, it fits just right in a business setting without looking so "trying hard" and pretentious. Basically, it can do all the business stuffs I expect from a mobile phone without it looking all too boring (and I'm even excited for all the themes I will be customizing it with! WOOT!) and really, it's just a really fun phone to use. Did I already say that it's absofreakinglutely PERFECT!!?

Nokia C7 review

I can't take my eyes off of it. So handsome. So sexy. (Ahem!)

And so...

Dear Santa, if you promise to be nice and give me a Nokia C7 this Christmas, I promise I will not put any laxatives on the milk I'm leaving with the cookies for you on Christmas Eve. ;) JK!

P.S. Noodle Boy, how about it? I believe we can make an arrangement? *wink*

Remember, the joy that you give to others, is the joy that comes back to you. So be joyful and make others joyful, too!

Merry Christmas to one and all!

xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. found your link searching for the nokia c7.we have the same personality & the c7 is perfect i agree!hope you get this for xmas day!if i see santa, i'l give him word abt your wish!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one! me wanna buy nokia c7 also! where to buy with cheapest price in cebu?

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodluck with the contest ;) Btw, will follow you on bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing. always the best blogs here.


    http://www.SlimBody.TV

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images