Legally Single & The Girls' Night Out -- after 48 years!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

If you've been following me at Twitter from the beginning, let's say for the past 644 days, you would know that my everyday life is nothing but a live-for-the-moment kind of thing. I know I have to plan for the future one of these days, but hey, I still don't see myself getting married very soon. I have found the man I wanna spend the rest of my life with and the man I can't live without; however, marriage is a whole new world (or should I say completely different galaxy) and it's not something I want to rush into. Okay? No amount of convincing from anyone will make me change my mind, unless of course, I won that 700M lotto then getting married surely would no longer be an issue.

Okay, I'll tell you why. I want to get married for the right reasons. The main reason would be because I'm ready to have a family. And right now... well, apparently, you know where I stand. ;)

Next, I don't know if moving in with someone in a new household or a new house is really something I want to do right now. I lived independently away from my parents for 3 years and had decided to come home because I would rather want to live with them... after all those adolescent years of wanting to be on my own! It's something I realized after I moved out... that I am really  better off staying with my parents. ^_^ Hello? This is not America! There is absolutely nothing wrong with living with your mom and dad. Geez. And besides, last time I checked, I'm a girl... so it doesn't really alter my image or harm my reputation.

Two more reasons why I'm not getting married yet are the bets I made. LOL! Well, what about them? I made a bet with two of my high school classmates, Iris and April. Whoever among us 3 gets married first, will have to buy the other two a pair of Havaianas each and a trip to Boracay. This bet has been going on for as long as I can remember. Secondly, I also placed a bet with my good friend, Christy, that whoever gets married first has to buy the other one a pair of Manolo Blahniks. This was a deal made back during our Sex & The City days. And recently during our girl's night out (FINALLY!), the bet was changed to a pair of Christian Louboutins.

Christy Aberilla and MyMaria
Here's a pic taken of me, my $5 outfit, and the hot and sexy Christy.

You see, in our crew from College, we are the only ones left who are legally single. The others got married already and even got kids who just had their First Communion. FML! Are we that old!? No wait, I take that back... I'm actually 3 years younger than these lovely ladies.



So that night with pitchers of frozen margarita, my beautiful and happily married friends made bets. Claire and Cathy declared that if I get married first, they will be hosting my shower party. The other two, Ronah and Marivel, agreed that if Christy got married before me, then they will be hosting her shower party. Sounds fair enough... So now Claire and Cathy are telling me NOT to get married yet so they won't have to throw me a party. LOL!

Also did you know that it took us 4 years to do this once again?



This is mainly due to the fact that Christy just came home from Dubai. And since the girls who are here are married... well, they got priorities, too... which is why you never get to read tweets from me about hanging out with them or what.

It was really fun to do it again. The stories we shared, the crazy laughter and trips to memory lane... and I even got to dress up! HAHAHA! PRICELE$$!


Another group shot outside Bebidas.

Wow. I actually look like a girl. HAHA! It's been so long since I've gone out with girl friends. And I'm not even married!!! Whoa! See? If I were married and got kids to take care of... then I'll never get to go out AT ALL! Unless I want to be like the rest of our generation who do that all the time and risk tainting their images and reputations.

I can hear the oldies say, "Wa ka'y puangod nga inahan! Dili ka kahibaw mo atiman sa imo mga anak? Mag sige ka'g lakwatsa!" (You're an irresponsible mother! Do you  know how to take care of your kids? You're always going out!) *shivers* Okay, I'm not making this up ha!? That really is the scenario when you live in a small town... and honestly, I'm not ready to deal with things like that.

I'm quite happy being in a relationship and going out with Noodle Boy all the time, every time. Besides, it's way much better than people talking about you behind your back saying things like, "Kanang bayhana magsige'g laag unya bisan kinsa lang na lalaki ang kuyog." (That girl goes out all the time and always with different guys.) I mean, seriously.

Wow. Listen to me. I sound like my mother... or worse, my grandmother (may she rest in peace). But it's true. I guess when you get older, the idea of fun is now replaced by thoughts on what's morally acceptable. I hate the norms but that's just the way it is. And I wouldn't say that I didn't have my fair share of intrigues back in the day. HAHA! Fun times!

Bottomline: We all need to grow up. Sooner or later. If I'm destined to get married, I will be. But right now, I'm happier than I ever thought I could ever be. I am truly, madly, deeply (I SWEAR!) in love with my Noodle Boy. And I know he loves me, too. ^_^

Oh, and I don't intend to lose those bets! Tee hee! ;)


xoxo,
  post signature

You Might Also Like

7 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images