Money Matters

Thursday, November 11, 2010

This may sound weird to most of you but I just had my first M. Lhullier moment! *fist pump* Weeee! Also I am aware that this may not mean anything to anyone but to me, it does. Because now I don't have to deal with Paypal and pay such exorbitant fees. With XOOM (yup, xoom.com) it's so easy to get my ka-ching hassle-free! Shout outs to Peachy of Innuendo for all of these!

I'm not really sure how much the dollar goes for nowadays but they converted my $$$ with a PHP42.45 = $1 rate. Fair enough, I guess. Can you just imagine if it had to go through bank transfer or Paypal and their crazy fees? However, with Xoom, it only costs around $8 to send money but I think that amount is quite rational.

m. lhullier

All I needed was my reference number, password, and ID and in just a few minutes, I'm like a happy kid on Christmas Day.

Since M. Lhullier is open 24 hours here, the next time I go there I ought to go some time in the evening or late at night so I won't have to get in line.



Best of all, M. Lhullier didn't charge anything for cashing out. Okay, not that I was told anyway but I'm guessing they made money out of the conversion rate. I'll ask next time or maybe I'll try Globe's GCASH although they charge 1% for cash out since  they also do Xoom transfers but there's too many people there and it will probably take me 48 years to get my money. Actually there's a long list of branches for cash pick-up including SM Malls, Cebuana Lhuillier, Banco de Oro (BDO), and many rural banks just to name a few.

And a picture of me... not looking too happy because Noodle Boy just had to steal a shot.




And to further reward myself for this propitious moment, here's Mr. Fluffy.



Now available at Gaisano Riverside Mall.



An afternoon to remember. At least for me.



Whoever invented the saying "money doesn't buy happiness" obviously had never been broke before!


 xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like xoom cause the funds are sent directly to my bank acct. i tried ML once and i find it a bit inconvenient. i still have to go to the bank to deposit part of my salary and it is not an easy feat driving to the bank and lining up na half-asleep cause GY yung job ko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will suggest xoom to my boss. paypal is such a pain. and their exchange rates are lower. ugh!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images