Couple Time and the Eye Pads

Thursday, September 08, 2011

We all know that raising a child (especially an infant) will eat up a LOT of your time if you intend to be a hands-on parent. It's true but it doesn't mean Noodle Boy and I don't get to spend quality time together.

I really think that "US" time or Couple Time is very important when you have a baby. I think a lot of relationships disintegrate faster if couples forget to give time to the other VIP in their lives. I think that couples need to continue nourishing their relationships as much as nurturing the baby. As they say, the little bird will leave the nest when it's older but your partner or significant other will be there for the rest of your life. And as promised, "Til death do us part!"

Although that's easier said than done amidst sterilizing baby bottles, changing diapers, buying groceries and toiletries, doing the laundry now consisting of too many lampins, and other household chores, I'm awfully glad that my parents pledged to take care of the baby during the daytime so that we get to sleep in the morning. Yay!!! Plus I don't get to do household chores... THANK GOD for that!

The key is to spend quality time (take note: quality not quantity!) so we make it a point that if the two of us are awake for breakfast [in bed], then we eat while watching our favorite shows, which is currently the anime version of Marvel's Ironman and Wolverine and the 2011 Thundercats. Noodle Boy does the graveyard shift in taking care of Mikko Vincenzo aka The Little Noodle Boy or NoodleLito, and I do the afternoon til evening shift, multitasking with my home-based job and all, of course with random help from people in my house. I can't imagine how single moms do it. I mean, it's even cumbersome having your husband help you, how much more if there is NO ONE there to help at all? HOMAYGULAY!

Also, as seen via FourSquare, NoodleBoy and I go out together for errands so that it feels like the old times when we used to roam the city and joy ride all we wanted. It's good to get out of the house once in a while because no one wants to get burned out having to be cooped up all the time with the baby.

Above all, I am very blessed to be able to spend 24/7 with my NoodleBoy. I am grateful for that and I wish new moms have the kind of support that I have. From friends, family, and most importantly my better half. Taking care of Mikko Vincenzo is never a chore. It's quite challenging and I look forward to the coming days and the baby milestones that NoodleBoy and I will be able to witness as our little butterball grows.

Now the Eye Pads...

Since we sleep in the morning, it's hard to fall asleep with the sun shining all over our bedroom. So look what I got us...



Fun!!!



So you see? Let's keep the love and the fire burnin', shall we?! Tee hee...





xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images