Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The primary reason why I started blogging was to be able rant about my feelings and thoughts on certain things (and some people). Writing has always been a passion for me. It's how I let off steam and a method of keeping my sanity intact. From diaries to journals, and over the recent years, to blogs. I had only a few readers then. Just a couple of close friends and acquaintances from work. Honestly, I knew nothing about SEO or a thing or two about the blogosphere. All I really care is a place where I can jot down type my thoughts and post pictures of myself and random stuffs. My blog is going to be my very first memoir when I die. And that is still my goal. I want my blog to be published into a book someday, even posthumous.

Now just like technology, ever-changing as it is, my blog with all its random posts and updates about my life has also become a tool for advertising and entering contests. Luckily, I got Lady Luck rooting for me, not always though, but most of the time I should say.

AHA! So now you're probably thinking, "Hmmm. What did this igat win this time?"

This arrived via courier today.





GUESS.



That logo is such a dead giveaway. PAK!



Need I say more?

Okay, this is not me bragging or anything (maybe a little!) but what I want to convey is that in order to win something -- yup, I won an iPad (again!) -- you have to be very motivated to win. So okay, how do you do that? Easy. Well, you have to believe that "you'll never win if you never begin". It goes without saying, if there's a chance for you to win, then by all means, grab that chance. Like join a contest if you think you're qualified. Like play a game but make sure you know the rules first. Like everything else in life, as Nike puts it, JUST DO IT. Honey, you don't get anywhere if you don't move... take a step forward and it helps loads if you put your best foot forward. Don't be lazy! Mmkay?



So how exactly do you win? Being born under the Zodiac Sign Aries, I tend to be pretty headstrong and all the time sometimes too aggressive. So I motivate myself in the words of Zig Ziglar, "You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win." Of course, I do keep in mind that a loser doesn't know what he'll do if he loses, but talks about what he'll do if he wins. However, a winner doesn't talk about what he'll do if he wins, but knows what he'll do if he loses. Gets?



WOOHOO! An iPad 2!!! And it's WHITE!!!

Now more importantly, you ask, "Where did this awesome prize come from?"



Where else? All the way from Sunny Singapore...



Thank you so much, MATCHMOVE GAMES!!!


You guys need to go right now and play their GAMES! Not only are they awesome (so many to choose from!!! FTW!) but you get to win from their contests, too! And it's REAL!!! I can testify... Tee hee.


Matchmove's website on the iPad.



It's just too bad that Apple doesn't support FLASH on the iPad, so I can't play PLINK or other MM games with it. :(



So anyways, I'm off to play with my new toy now and I leave you with this food for thought: "Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” (-Wilma Rudolph)

AND THAT IS THAT. KTNXBYE!

P.S. God is good! (ALL THE TIME!)

xoxo,

 post signature

You Might Also Like

1 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images