DIY: Boxes & Wrappers from scratch!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Yesterday I bought a new trash can. Or more accurately, Noodle Boy got me one.  HAHA! IKR?! Whatever for? Well, if you're like me who only gets motivated to do things when there's something new, getting a new trash can proved to be very effective in getting me to clean up the mess I made in our room preparing for all the DIY party decorations and other stuff from Little Mao's 1st birthday.

Since I was (and still am!) pretty much in the "cleaning" mood, I was inspired to make my own boxes and holders for all my other thingamajigs, more specifically, whatever make-up I still own and other beauty products that you'll find scattered all over our bedroom. Think "I Spy" when you find some. Oftentimes I forget I'm co-habitating with another person now (two to be exact, Noodle Boy and NoodleLito!) so I need to tidy up my stuff once in a while.

I don't have much in the way of organizers because I've never been a bag person or have been OC about organizing things. Never been, never will be I guess. So I had to make some improvements. I got an empty 400g can of Little Mao's milk and found a discarded piece of cardboard from the party.

With a quick template layout I made, I was able to turn these two things into what I now have as a make-up tray and a beauty product holder.
I used a regular tape but you can use double-sided tape or glue it for a more polished finish.
Ingenuous isn't it? Who knew cleaning a room makes one's creative juices flow?

Here's the template I made for these two you can print out. Try it!

milk can wrap template layout 11 x 13

bottom box template holder
Printed using an A4 size paper board.

Have fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images