The End of Multiply.com? Download albums and photos NOW with the EXPORT tool!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I have been a premium member of Multiply.com since I joined back in 2005, because before Facebook took over the world of social networking, Multiply.com was the place for sharing pictures/blogs with friends. Also I got to meet a lot of online buddies there. You can then upload and download albums from Multiply.com and link it/host it from there to wherever. We also get to customize our sites with themes and we get to save hi-res photos on their servers, too. But alas, all good things must come to an end and sad to say, the end is here. I heard about this a week or so ago but just tonight I decided to check on Multiply and found the letter they sent most probably to all their users.

Multiply.com closing down
Click here to enlarge.
So the big question. How to download all photos from my albums? I have about 208 albums and I don't know, maybe a gazillion photos! It will take me 48 years to download it one by one! I don't have the luxury of time... Huhuhuhu. I also have photos in my blogs that are linked from Multiply.com and those will disappear, too. The very same thing that happened to my 2003-2005 blog posts with missing photos because those have been lifted from Friendster. :( I guess this means, I should start hosting photos from my own server, huh? I wonder if Photobucket will shutdown in the near future, too. That will be the end of my blogging life. Just kidding. Oh yeah, all my Imagecave photos have been deleted also to my dismay. Must find a picture hosting site that will last forever.

But really, it's very tiresome to migrate photos and download them individually since I can't find any browser extension that would work with Multiply.com which allows downloading of *all* photos. I really hope they are going to roll out some albums downloaders for Multiply.com pretty soon so I can save what precious memories of the past I've got in there, even though I'm not very keen on dwelling on them.

Still...

I'm a little bit remarkably devastated right now with the news. Meanwhile, I'm signing up for their e-commerce and will be putting up a store in Multiply.com just in case I do decide to start an online selling biz (e-commerce users are *still* safe with Multiply.com). You can never really tell what the future holds. ;)

UPDATE 09/15/2012:

You can now download all your files from Multiply (albums, journals, reviews, listings, recipes, what have you!) with their EXPORT tool. Follow the instructions below:


Multiply Media Download

To properly use this page, depending on the browser you are using, follow these steps:

Chrome

  1. Obtain the Download Master chrome extension.
  2. Point your browser to this page
  3. Click the download master button from in the top right of your browser and select 'All'
  4. Click download, sit back and relax

Firefox

  1. Obtain the DownThemAll! firefox plugin
  2. Point your browser to this page
  3. Right click anywhere on this page and select DownThemAll!
  4. Select the items you would like to download (All by default) and click "Start!"

All other browsers

  1. Download either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
  2. Follow the steps above

I was able export my blogs to my other blogger account (http://mymariatv.blogspot.com) and I was able to download my videos, photos, etc. to my hard drive -- all 10,931 of it! It took almost a whole day to finish downloading those but all's well that ends well. ^_^ Goodbye Multiply. It was fun! Thank you for 7 years worth of memories and the friends (haters & posers also, LOL!) that I've made. Although I know I'll stick around the Marketplace for sure because nothing beats the deals we can find online!


 
TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images