Let's Move & Let's Love

Monday, September 17, 2012

If faith can move mountains, what can true love possibly do? With fairy tales, we grew up believing that the kiss of true love breaks spells and even wakes those who have been put to eternal sleep. As a grown woman, I've felt love and have seen how love truly affects us who love deeply.

Love makes us do crazy things and it lets us do sacrifices for the people we love. Before I married my husband and even before we started dating when we were still just friends, I asked him, "Why did you come home to the Philippines when you could have stayed in the US and build a life for yourself out there?" I know he values his independence and enjoys traveling on his own. As his childhood friend, I also know he could not wait to be on his own, living his life the way he wants to and basically just living his dream. Yet his answer to my question was short and sweet, "I came home for you." That was the pivotal moment of our friendship and I knew he wanted to take things to a whole new level then because he told me he wanted to spend his life with me. What do you say to something like that?

Fast forward to a few months later, we built a business together with our hard work and commitment to stay together. A year later, love compelled us to make our bond official so we ultimately got married, sealed it with a kiss, and some time after we have the product of our love. We now have our dearest darling Little Mao, a baby boy, who we are both hands-on and doting parents to. Marriage and motherhood - the two things that would not have been possible for me to achieve without real love.

"LET'S MOVE, LET'S LOVE"
© MyMaria, September 2012

Because of this thing called love, I am who I am.
Life is different now; before I didn't give a damn.
Honesty, sacrifice, trust, and commitment
With these, I can make a life purpose statement.

I believe in love and to stay loyal and true
Love is the reason each day I feel so brand new
I need love like I need the air to breathe
Love is what makes people never want to leave.

I'm a lover not a fighter, but I will fight for what I love.
For my dearest husband & son, I thank the heavens above.
My life would have been without meaning 
But now I feel a complete sense of being.

When push comes to shove... Let's move! Let's love!

I wasn't always willing to cook before but now it gives me great pleasure to be in the kitchen and create delicious meals for my loved-ones. I've never felt safe with sharp objects like knives but I learned how to slice and chop. I've never been able to operate a stove or an oven but now I can control fire. That's basically just a few things that love made me do. From a simple breakfast in bed, to full dinner courses and sudden sweet dessert cravings, as well as frequent midnight snacks.

for lets move, lets love - united colors of benetton

More evidence of our gastronomic adventures over the years in my Instagram and Twitpic.

I also do my share of giving when it comes to food to others especially the ones who are hungry. My mom raised me as Catholic and to do the corporal works of mercy. I join her in this endeavor and also ask my friends to do the same.

Feeding the hungry :)
Now I do intend to keep cooking, sharing my blessings, and making my man happy (through his tummy!) and over time, I hope to be able to create or even publish my own recipe cookbook containing all the wonderful dishes I've been able to make, inspired by my husband Noodle Boy of course, and all made with one special magic ingredient -- LOVE.

COMING SOON!
So what moves you? What is it that you do (did or have done) for love?

for lets move, lets love - united colors of benetton  



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images