Stroke of Art: My First Ever Personal Make-Up Workshop with Ms. Jessa Horca

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

I am no make-up guru but my good friend/schoolmate/relative, Ms. Jessa Horca, is a professional make-up artist who is currently based in Cebu City and she agreed to come home to teach us eager kids the wonderful ways to make ourselves beautiful and how to primp and prettify! At first I was just chatting with her online sometime during the Holy Week while browsing some of the photos she posted after a gig and I asked if she could teach me a thing or two about make-up since, as you can clearly see in my Instagram feed, I am becoming quite a make-up junkie myself. Then I pitched in about how she ought to hold a workshop instead because I got a number of friends who are interested as well. We planned this for like 3 months until we settled on a June 1st date.


The girls and I had a fun time learning about our skin, the products to use, the tools we need, and basically just ingesting everything that was being taught at the workshop. We had manuals as cheat sheets, too. Tee hee. It is VERY IMPORTANT (at least for me!) to know what products we should be buying since I'm so oily and buying the wrong things could just aggravate my acne-prone skin! Anyways, now I have a crazy skincare routine trying to get rid of the acne scars as a painful remembrance of the summer that has just gone by. I break out a lot during the humid and hot season. :( I know this happens every year! *sigh* Next year, I'm going to double up on skincare to avoid this. I'll tell you all about my skincare in my upcoming blog posts as I've got a lot to tell you about it.

Personal makeup workshop with Jessa Horca at Viaje International, Ormoc City
This is the Make-up Buffet table where we could sample all the make-up we want and of course, they were all sanitized and we didn't contaminate them since we used spatulas for the creams, etc.
That's us (the not so early birds since others came in late also) and the Make-Up Bar where we could buy imported cosmetics.
Okay, I truly apologize that I don't have a lot of photos to show you guys because I was too busy learning at the workshop that documenting the whole thing was really the last thing on my mind. There was so much to learn and we only had a day for it! But no worries, we will be having another 3-day intensive make-up workshop soon (to be scheduled) and I think I'll hire somebody to document that for sure since I know I will be so attentive and absorbing everything. Tee hee. Honestly, this is the only workshop in my life where I didn't doze off or played with my phone wishing it would be over soon... I wanted it to last forever! HAHAHA. The only other workshop I enjoyed and really paid attention to was the one about Proper Health Nutrition and Breastfeeding. ^_^

Personal makeup workshop with Jessa Horca at Viaje International, Ormoc City
Day make-up achieved.
Personal makeup workshop with Jessa Horca at Viaje International, Ormoc City
Here we are keeping it neutral and light.
So moving on, we did the evening makeup transformation from our day make-up and in spite of all my eyeshadow blending efforts, I think I did a good job even though it took me almost an hour to finish. LOLOLOL! I really need to practice/master this. All in due time.


TA-DAH! Me. With evening make-up! HAHAHAHA! JUST KIDDING.
This is my super pretty sister-in-law, who really doesn't need make-up to begin with. Weh.
With the equally adorable offspring, Kiki-Choo, who is so much more into make-up than the mother.
Compared to those two fair maidens, I look pretty exotic! LELZ!  Thank you summer!
I've never felt so Pinay in my life and  really loving my current skintone and sunkissed hair.
I think look a bit ashy here, I dunno must be the lighting or my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Guys, I'm telling you this, if there's a make-up workshop happening in your town, do yourselves a favor and join one! Even if you're no make-up freak, knowing how to take care of your skin is so going to help you as you grow older. No one's getting younger and maintaining your youthful look can be quite a challenge without proper skincare. This is a hard lesson that my mom learned herself so I'm not making the same mistake. I don't care if you say I'm so maarte, but hey, when I'm 50, let's see who gets the wrinkles and who gets the last laugh. #BASTAIGATSIKAT

Okay, time for a group picture with my lovely ladies!

Personal makeup workshop with Jessa Horca at Viaje International, Ormoc City

I thank God that I have Noodle Boy who is extremely supportive of my current make-up addiction (kaysa mag drugs?) and letting me attend the workshop even though I should be home taking care of him who's knocked down by the flu. Anyway, I also got lucky and won 3rd prize during the raffle and got these E.L.F. goodies plus some more Aido/F21 make-up giveaway.

Can't wait to experiment with these!
You can check the lovely and talented Jessa Horca's Facebook page HERE or visit http://www.facebook.com/SOAbyJessaHorca and LIKE it if you wish to be updated with upcoming workshops.

Personal makeup workshop with Jessa Horca at Viaje International, Ormoc City
Our personal make-up workshop in Ormoc City was a major success! Thank you, Jess! 

Watch out for a barrage of makeup reviews and beauty tips here at www.bastaigatsikat.com in the coming weeks! Stay pretty always, everyone! :)



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images