BDJBOX Elite: Girls Night Out Experience, Unboxed and Reviewed!

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

It took me a while to post this ladies because I wanted to test these awesome products out fully and now I can confidently give you my unbiased reviews and feedbacks! As you know, BDJ BOX releases Elite boxes every now and then and when the news came out that they were releasing the Elite Girls Night Out box, I think I was one of the first people to respond/reserve and got in line to get my hands on this super sulit beauty box.

This Elite BDJ BOX is one helluva mother lode of beauty fix!
It didn't even take long to deliver this as only a couple of days after it was announced, this big beauty loot was already in my doorstep! It was hard to contain my excitement and I wanted to write about it immediately; however, it wouldn't give the justice it deserves if I didn't post a sort of in-depth review along with it. So here it is. (Sorry for the wait!) Read on to find out more about what makes this beauty box the perfect girls night out arsenal. Oh, and it comes with a sexy black pouch, too! ;)


RL Blue is one of my favorite scents in the whole world and this Ralph Lauren Big Pony Fragrance 10 mL (Php 750) with roller ball is just great for your travel or kikay kit for that quick freshening up you need when you're out and about. It actually comes in 4 variants, but I picked the Blue one as I just love the fresh, invigorating mix of sparkling grapefruit and cool blue lotus scent.


The heaviest product in the Elite Girls Night Out BDJ Box is the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil 100mL (Php 499) which is the best thing for my bleached blonde hair. My hair is actually really dry after 6 sessions of bleaching and this versatile hair treatment is so light and non-greasy that it makes my hair look alive and healthy!


I have been using this since the moment I started bleaching my hair and I can definitely say that it has nourished and protected it as well as leaves it soft and smooth especially for when I take "selfie" shots. Tee hee.



I still brush my hair at times even though I'm sporting this pixie cut and this brush is so gentle on my chemically-treated hair and scalp. After bleaching, my scalp gets very irritated but this purple (my fave color!!!) Goody So Bright brush (Php 399.75) doesn't hurt my scalp one bit. My son and husband also use this and it doesn't mess with their curls.


Next up, we have the full size Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector (Php 725). I requested the Light Medium shade which is a great match for my current NC30 skintone. Even with SPF 30 it doesn't leave that weird white cast but I don't use it alone because I use it together with Revlon Colorstay 24-hr foundation.


It blends well in spite of its thick consistency and is not hard to work with. I believe you can layer this on if you want heavier coverage and want to opt out of using additional base products on your face. You can use a brush or a sponge, but most of the time I just use clean fingers to get the product warmed up against my skin.


The August Elite Girls Night Out BDJ Box also included one of the most expensive beauty products -- an eye cream. I don't think I've ever come across one that's cheap and so this box became even more worth it with the inclusion of Benefit's It's Potent eye cream 0.1 oz (full size 0.5 oz is priced at a whooping Php 1,800).


This eye cream is very hydrating and as soon as you apply it, you can immediately feel the cooling sensation as it works its magic into your tired sleepy eyes. It didn't quite diminish my heavy dark circles; however, it completely moisturized the area allowing for a perfect base for my concealer. At my age, these things are very important to maintain brighter and younger-looking eyes and with only an average of 4 hours of sleep a day, this is a little miracle worker.


I hardly ever go out without lining my eyes because I simply feel naked without eyeliner. I know a lot of girls feel the same way. I have rather small eyes and I think my eyes look bigger with eyeliner on. This Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner (Php 450) is waterproof and is a joy to apply.

It doesn't smudge unless you do it yourself and it stays put. Again, I repeat, it has amazing staying power! It also comes with a smudger at the other end if you want to do a smokey eye look. The consistency is not pencil-y at all but rather has a soft texture, almost like a solidified gel (if that ever makes sense!) and when applied, it gives the impression like a gel liner was used. This eyeliner is definitely HG quality. I'm definitely getting another one when this runs out. Additionally, can anyone also guess what mascara I used in the photo above? Well, check it out below.


This is really the product that caught my eye the moment BDJ Box announced this Elite Girls Night Out beauty box. It is no other than the Fairydrops Platinum Mascara (Php 1,195). I was going to pick this up at the Beauty Bar back in August but something held me back which was a good thing because now I got it for significantly less! Not only does it give you doll-like lashes but it claims to have 5 kinds of treatment essence to beautify and repair lashes. As you know, I have super straight lashes and this mascara really retains moisture, softens, hydrates and adds volume to mine. If you are blessed with fuller and thicker eyelashes, can you imagine what this baby can do? Sayonara, falsies!
I have nothing but pure love and praise for this awesome mascara. My lashes never held their curls as much as they do right now with wearing this mascara. They open up my eyes and stay that way until the end of the day. It is so waterproof that I would need a makeup remover to get this thing out. You can't simply wash it off with water and a cleanser. That will take a lot of rubbing. So save yourself from damaging the sensitive skin around your eyes and just use a makeup remover. And that's where our last but not the least products come in.


The Nippon Cleansing Kit consists of the Makeup Remover Lotion (Php 300) which is a gentle makeup remover, Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner Wipe (Php 50) which is perfect for on spot cleaning, and the Round Sponge 2 pcs (Php 60) which is perfect for applying foundation/concealer. The makeup remover is very gentle I would say. It has no annoying scent to it. The brush cleaner works like a charm and the sponges are slightly better than the average generic sponges that tear apart and go out of shape so easily.

This Elite Girls Night Out BDJ Box really impressed me a lot and what's more, I got it for only Php 1,680!!! There's almost 5K worth of beauty goodies and note that everything here is premium! I am so happy that I was able to grab this. The products are absolutely not just for ladies night but they are excellent even for every day use!


What's not to love about it, right? You know what, BDJ Box is releasing yet another exclusive Elite box full of makeup goodies. Check out www.bdjbox.com to find out more about scoring these amazing beauty boxes. You can follow them on Twitter and Instagram to get updated on the latest beauty buzz.

So what's your favorite item from BDJ BOX Elite: Girls Night Out? :)



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images