I Want To Be Part of Sample Room's Blogger Circle!

Sunday, April 27, 2014


I am not afraid of change. In fact, I crave for it. Being born and raised in this provincial life, it is expected to live by traditions and follow certain rules and routines. However, I don't want to be just another sheep in a herd. I've always dared to be different.

That is why I get excited about trying new products. Moving on isn't very difficult for me because I somehow taught myself not to be utterly attached to things so that letting go comes easy. This turned me into a major consumer of all sorts of products. The bottomline is that I love to experiment, which is quite evident with what I've done with my hair over the years. I've probably tried most hair and skincare products displayed at the grocery, citing just a few which have become favorites. You see, I'm not like other people who hold onto things because they think it's "sayang". I say, "Let It Go!" I'd sing it, if I must. Truly we are all different and what works for others may not work for you and vice-versa.


In the United States, several companies provide product samples (or what we commonly know and refer to as "testers") that are readily available for potential buyers and customers to try. The concept of trying before buying always appealed to me and I always wondered why it's not very popular here in the Philippines. I can count the number of times I tried a sample size and actually bought a full-sized one because I loved it (and certainly not because the salesperson convinced me), but then I've lost count of the stuffs that have been wasted along with hard-earned money flushed down the toilet simply because I bought something without testing it and subsequently just failed me (and that's simply because I was carried away by somebody's sales pitch!).


So when I joined Sample Room last year, I practically sang HALLELUJAH in my head because I found myself in consumer heaven! I get to try more new products than I would normally do in a period of time and get them all for FREE! Yes, you read that right! Except I'd have to pay for shipping of course (because I live all the way out here in Narnia) but it is very minimal. Now in less than a year, I've tried over 70+ products. Rated and reviewed each one of them. Liked some and disliked some. But most of all, I found products that left a huge impact in my life since they were very effective at the same time affordable! These also made my family and friends happy because I also let them sample some of the products.

Some of the products I got from Sample Room.
Sharing is caring and I do recommend products which I believe in and have positive experiences with. The reason why I let other people sample them as well is because I'm hoping they will learn to let go of the things that are holding them back and embrace new ones which are more suited to them. Case in point, my mom who has been using this particular moisturizer since probably before I was born. And then I gave her moisturizers, one for daytime and one for nighttime use, and though it took a lot of convincing from my part to get her to even try it, I felt that it was my duty to make her use a product that is more suited to her aging skin. Eventually, she did. Kudos to my mom for giving in to my insistence powers of persuasion!  (Maybe to shut me up? Teehee!) Though I believe it took courage on her part to accept the change and move on. I am pretty sure that what may have worked for her 20 years ago definitely isn't working as good as it did for her back then.

More products grabbed along with the limited edition INSPIRE loot bag ver. 2.
Now I didn't major in Marketing nor I am good at sales talks, but I kid you not when I say I am an amazing influencer. I am proud of it and I consider it as an accomplishment. I can be pretty convincing, or so I am told oftentimes. If my purpose in life is to advise people and show them what they need, then so be it. To this day, I have preached and evangelized products which I truly believe in. Many of my friends come to me asking for product reviews and recommendations when I know they can easily Google it. Nevertheless, their trust in my judgment is very gratifying. It doesn't stroke my ego but it does boost my self-esteem at the same time it feels good to be able to help them. My family automatically makes me a decision-maker when it comes to purchasing products, too. I have replied to a gazillion online messages regarding products, not limited to skincare and beauty, but including electronics and computers, health and fitness concerns, as well as lifestyle changes.


As a blogger with a sizeable social media network, my reach includes my followers, fans, and even random strangers all over the Philippines and from other countries as well. It gives me great pleasure to help people out. Even though I'm not very skillful at things which could considerably contribute to society, I think I do have a gift when it comes to educating people and helping them make wise decisions so they can get their money's worth.

As of April 25, 2014
In line with Sample Room's mission and vision, I would like the opportunity to further aide my readers regarding beauty and wellness products by providing them with more objective reviews as a partner blogger through the samples I may get and that they can also grab for themselves at www.sampleroom.ph.  Together, we can experience the effectiveness of products so that any future purchases will become totally worth it!

Check out these past blog reviews I made for products that I got from Sample Room:
Current number of reviews I have posted at Sample Room.
 Please do follow me on Instagram to see latest products with mini-reviews I post from time to time.

www.sampleroom.ph
I really hope I can be part of Sample Room's Blogger Circle for 2014. As Simon Mainwaring once said, "More than ever before, consumers have the ability to unify their voices and coalesce their buying power to influence corporate behaviors." I want to join this circle and make it bigger so that our voices will be louder and the more we will be heard.

To be inspired is great. To inspire is incredible.

Can I get a thumbs up please? :)



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images