How To Stay Young In The Sun: Beach Trip to Macrohon (Southern Leyte) with my new beach buddies, Belo SunExpert Transparent Mist SPF50 and Face Cover SPF40

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Before you embark on a far island getaway, have you ever stopped to think that paradise is just around the riverbend? I mean, the Philippines has 7,107 islands. I don't think I'll ever get to see all her wonderful tourist destinations in this lifetime, though I will try. You can bet your bottom dollar on that!

For now, let's stop and relax at nearby Macrohon, Southern Leyte. Just a 3-hour drive away from Ormoc City to Tatay Ade's Beach Resort. Don't worry. It's a pleasurable drive to the South... so unlike going to Tacloban which gives me motion sickness every time. There are no detours and the concrete roads are well-built! Dili jud substandard kay walay lubak2x! GOOD JOB! 

My two newest beach buddies, Belo SunExpert Transparent Mist SPF50 and Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40.

Anyway, this place is a hidden gem alright. We were there on a Saturday and there were hardly anyone else. A beach that looks this good, so secluded and so clean! I guess, it's better this way because some (irresponsible) people who do come don't just take pictures and don't just leave footprints. *rolls eyes* I don't know why it's so hard for others to consider the next generation and just ruin everything now. Ahem, look at what's happening to Canigao Island! OK, but that's a different story.



Open beach huts are at Php 150 and the closed ones with room for changing/resting is at Php 300. There's a toilet, too. Nothing fancy, but totally functional. There's electricity also if that's your concern. You can probably stay overnight and camp out on a tent. But guys, if you do decide to go on a little beach adventure to this place, please think about the children and our children's children so that they may enjoy the same wonderful spots as we have.

I was with my family during this beach trip and of course, my two newest beach buddies. Ahem, let me introduce you to B1 (not Bananas in Pajamas!). It's my favorite summer accessory! It is an "accessory" because you wear it... on your skin! Tee hee. Say, hello to Belo SunExpert Transparent Mist SPF50.

Happy to be with a new BFF!
And yes, it's a MIST! And that could only mean it's NOT a lotion that leaves an icky feeling or leaves a white cast on your skin, thus ruining those precious summer photos. Plus it is also cool to the skin! So it's very hydrating indeed.

Spritz! Spritz! For the ultimate sun protection!
Then it also gives your skin this certain glow because it seems to be oil-based so you're never left with dry skin under the scorching heat of the sun! I didn't know I could love sunscreen this much plus it smells good, too! OMG! I remember those summer days back when there was only this one brand of sunblock available... (Yes, it was called sunblock then but now these products are officially called sunscreen because you can't really block the sun. Doh!) Anyway, you can smell that sunblock even from a mile away!!! On the other hand, Belo SunExpert Transparent Mist SPF50 just smells so refreshing! It says it's fragrance-free so maybe it's a natural scent, but I really like it!


It's so easy to use, just spritz and go! No need to wait as well. You can hit the water in no time at all. Because it was so lightweight on the skin and we were on the water during the midday sun (Ooops!), I wondered if I'd be getting enough protection and if sunburns were going to be a pain in the neck, like literally, later on.


"But it's SPF50!" screamed the back of my mind. Wait, what does that really mean?  I read that SPF 50 stands for Sun Protection Factor 50, and I also came across this info that if the normal time to get burnt is 20 minutes, you will be safe for 50 times that. Let's do the math! That's a thousand minutes which like 16+ hours! WOW. JUST. WOW. But then it was also pointed out that SPF numbers don't really refer to how long you can spend outside without getting a sunburn. As a matter of fact, they refer to the amount of UVB protection offered by the product. Thus, sunscreens with SPF 15 filter out 93 percent of UVB rays, SPF 30 filters out 97 percent, SPF 50 blocks 98 percent, and SPF 100 blocks 99 percent of UVB rays. Personally, I would still reapply sunscreen after an hour or two of swimming just to make sure. You know, better safe than sorry. :)

Next up, let me introduce to you my second beach buddy, B2. This time, I got my face covered because it's Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40! Dr. Vicki Belo created this specifically for the face. Based on my horrible past experience, and you know I have acne-prone skin, sunscreens break me out like mad! This particular sunblock had been formulated with that concern being addressed because it won't clog your pores. Yay!!!


Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested!
The best thing with Belo SunExpert is that these sunscreens offer broad spectrum protection! What's that, you ask? It protects you from both UVA and UVB rays! Accordingly, UVA not only accelerates skin aging, but contributes to and may even initiate skin cancers, while UVB is the chief cause of sunburn.

We got a sneaky sun alright! Summer makes everyone happy, you can't deny that. But like a good and responsible traveler that takes nothing but pictures, leaves nothing but footprints, and kills nothing but time, please also consider that your body, the vessel which takes you to these wonderful scenic places also needs enough protection. Your skin being the most exposed part, that is.


Sunday #selfie. Not quite tanned but lovin' this #summer skin. 
Best part of all, it was well-protected with @belosunexpert! So absolutely no sunburns! Woohoo!!!  
#stayyounginthesun #belosunexpert #sampleroomph

Oh, by the way, if you did not know that sitting on the computer all day and the heat from cooking can cause melasma, well, now you do and you can be protected anywhere and anytime with sunscreen made just for the face, as well as be protected even from bright reading lights that ultimately can cause harm to your skin. :)

Now that I have my two BFFs, I will be bringing them everywhere I go! Not just to the beach but during mountain treks and waterfall exploring, too! So what about you guys? Where are you heading off to this summer?

Take my advice: Wherever you go, do pick up a new BFF or better yet, stop by www.sampleroom.ph to grab your beach buddies, the Belo SunExpert Transparent Mist SPF50 or Belo SunExpert Body Shield SPF60 and Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40 and don't be afraid of Mr. Sun anymore! Now you can truly have fun in the sun!!!


Enjoy the summer, fight skin aging with Belo SunExpert and stay young in the sun!

Travel


 
TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images