Empowering Brilliant Young Minds On Creative Writing and Social Media Engagement and Responsibility

Saturday, September 12, 2015

English Club workshop
Last August 15, I had a the privilege to be the guest speaker of my alma mater's English Club workshop. Ms. Maricar Lago, an English teacher in St. Paul's School and my good friend, invited me to come and talk to the students about how I became a blogger and a social media influencer.

With Miss Maricar Lago of St. Paul's School (Thanks for the pic, Ikay!)
The young generation recognizes the need to be technologically savvy and I spoke to them about the responsibility that comes with the power of the Internet (so I did the whole Spiderman speech!) The kids are amazing. They are very talented and I can't wait to see their creativity once they write their articles and publish their official blogs.


My fellow Paulinians
I gave them a kick-ass presentation (ahem!) and I hope the kids learned a lot. I did a whole segment on Social Media which everyone was very enthusiastic about. And I for one had a blast talking about the things I love the most, writing and the Internet in general. There's so much information out there and I couldn't stress the importance to have a netiquette.


It was a morning well-spent and I look forward to consulting with the group and maybe even in the future consider teaching part-time at St. Paul's School of Ormoc. After all, I owe my English skills to my alma mater and I will be forever grateful to my English adviser, Ms. Lumine Pitoy-Marginet, for all that she's taught and shared with us back then. Time to give back!

Nil Sine Numine.

TWITTERFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTYOUTUBEBLOGEMAIL 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images