Still rocking a MyPhone!

Saturday, October 02, 2010

I have decided to let go of my old MyPhone Q21 (for a mere $35) not because I grew tired of it but simply because I got a new MyPhone QT7 from Sun Cellular.



I've been with the network for almost 2 years now so I asked them if I could get a new phone. And with no questions asked, they gave me one!

I do believe in the quality of a MyPhone. Before, I've never really had a phone that lasted me over a year! My readers would know that because I keep selling my stuff all the time. Tee hee. But my Q21 went past the one-year mark!

The battery life didn't even falter. Sure it looks like a china phone, a Blackberry wannabe, but dude, let me tell you this... it's as sturdy as those Nokias! I never had issues with it and I never even had to take it to a service center aside from that time I wanted a firmware upgrade!

Anyways, now take a look at the back of the MyPhone QT7... it has the Philippines on it!

 

It's a real Pinoy Phone with all the social networks in it. (You know you're a Pinoy if you recognize all these icons/sites on the menu or better yet, you have an account with each one of these!)





It also comes with screensavers and background images of Philippine tourist destinations and other Pinoy stuff in it. Also it alerts you for the 6 and 12 o'clock Angelus as well as the 3 o'clock prayer.





Here's a quick rundown of improvements I have observed in the QT7 when compared to the Q21.

It now comes with a 3-mm headphone jack (yes, the normal kind!) and a trackball. I know some people don't like trackballs and prefer a D-pad... but I do. The homescreen has the option to show an analog or digital clock and options to show your own numbers on the screen for the two sims. I don't know why but I'm guessing some people still get confused which line is which since it's a dual sim phone.

I'm currently using it for my postpaid SUN and prepaid Globe. It's so convenient because when I get messages in my Globe # but don't have any load there, I just reply using the Sun line. :) No need to keep switching lines or phones.


 
It also has a unified Inbox now. All messages from the two lines go there and also a preview of the SMS. I also like the font they're using now. More cleartype... you know, rounded edges and all.



Also when somebody calls you, you get to choose a background sound before you answer the call. So you can pretend to be somewhere else you're not. :) Pretty cool! Although with the QT7, I can't find the Magic Voice feature that was in my Q21 where I could change my voice to a man's or a child's. ^_^ That was something else.

Anyways, MyPhone just slashed down the price of the QT7. A few months ago it was over $100 and now you can easily get it for $90 with no network contract. It may not have 3G or wifi capability or a decent camera, but it does work. For calls and texts. I think that everyone who needs an "extra" phone should get a MyPhone. You know, for GCASH or for e-commerce. Oh and did I mention the battery life is pretty impressive?!

With that being said, I'm sure as heck that this phone will last me a whole year or maybe even more. ^_^

P.S. The MyPhone QT7 is NOT a wifi-enabled phone.

 xoxo,
  post signature

You Might Also Like

23 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images