The tale of the two phones

Monday, October 18, 2010

Two months ago, I was bugging NoodleBoy about not having a wifi-enabled phone. Yes, it's true... When I sold my iPhone 3Gs, I was left with a Cherry Mobile P1, the MyPhone Q21, an 8gb Nokia N95, an old Nokia 6233. I know it's a lot of phones... but really, I wanted something like my Sofie. I can be really annoying when I want something... and I'm not even going to blame my star sign or horoscope for that. It's just me.

NoodleBoy, in all the 23 years that we've known each other, know this and I'm lucky to have someone who understands this disturbing trait. And so, as an anniversary gift... He bought me a Nokia C3. (Maybe because I was PMSing, too?)



Initially, we looked for a red phone but we couldn't find any that was worth the money. I picked the dark C3 and bought a red jelly case for it. Then we named the phone, Chichi.

The best thing about Chichi, if you haven't read the reviews for the Nokia C3 yet, is the fact that it's quite the affordable kind. It has wifi and you get the Nokia Communities right on the active display with Facebook and Twitter integration!

Plus it has Conversations so the messages are threaded. WOOT! Now I don't miss my iPhone 3Gs anymore :)



And mind you, Chichi runs on a Symbian S40 OS so it's pretty fast and the no-frills kind. And I love, love, love it!!! The only downside I found with this phone, aside from it being the stripped down version but still fully functional (and even more!) compared to Sofie, is the fact that I can't adjust the brightness of the display! Come on, Nokia! What were you thinking? It hurts my photosensitive eyes with long use and when in the dark!

Nevertheless, the phone is a great buy and because it's a gift from my NoodleBoy, I shall cherish it with all my heart. So don't expect me to sell this phone any time soon or at all... :)


...But wait, this ain't the end of the story yet.

On September 18, I received a very interesting email.



Without really thinking, I went ahead and applied for a new postpaid line to get myself reserved for a unit. I am happy with my less than a month-old Chichi and there's absolutely no need to get a new phone! Or at least that's how I convinced myself...

But NoodleBoy, clever as he is, was not convinced. He knew I wouldn't shut up about it and go on and on like I did back when I wanted the iPhone 3Gs... He knew what was coming. I think he even prepared for it.

On September 21, Globe called me. I wasn't even the one who answered the phone because I was grilling burgers that time. NoodleBoy was the one who took the call and eventually handed me the phone when they asked about my application, et cetera. On September 23, Globe called and asked me to resend the documents required for application, which I did like 6 times just to be sure!!! LOL! (I guess it might have been detected as spam?)

Then on September 24, I received e-stubs and the invite to pick up the phone at New World Hotel. Wow! That's like a thousand miles away!!! So I sulked...

a) There's no way I can fly to Manila on such short notice.
b) I don't think I have the money to pay for the phone AND the tickets.
c) Pray for a miracle?

So it's NoodleBoy to the rescue. No, he didn't book us any flights but he did, however, tell me he'll pay for the iPhone4 if it gets delivered here to our local business center. And so, I summoned all my powers and stormed into the Philmug forum (in desperation), that the phone be sent to me instead of me going to get it.

September 26 went by and a week later, I was all giddy and practically fluttering towards the Globe Business Center here in Ormoc City to claim my iPhone4... of course, NoodleBoy in tow who was also very excited for me. He says it's priceless to watch me and he wouldn't miss it for the world. Awww... (Gugma!!!)

And of course, he's paying for the phone. So...



TA-DA!!!

Yes, the spoiled little brat has done it again. With the powers of my charm and persuasion, I have a new toy!!! (Which at this point, I am still immensely enjoying and no news of the upcoming iPhone5 can even sway me!)



It's camwhoring time!



And with a simple back-up restore from my 3Gs, my iPhone4 now dressed up with a matching red jelly case like Chichi's is ready to rock en roll, pare!



Easy does it!



Got my contacts, messages, apps (most importantly, the iPeriod because I have no idea when I'll be getting it anymore since I gave up my iPhone 3Gs!), and what have you...

This is the tale of the two phones.





Alright, I guess that wraps it up. Hope you enjoyed this piece as much as I am enjoying my two babies right now. ;)



xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images